The Bloomberg School's Career Services Office wants to help you prepare for the next stage in your public health career by...
- telling you everything you would want to know about writing resumes and CVs;
- explaining how networking is your most effective job search tool; and
- helping you learn the tips to acing the interview.
In addition, the Bloomberg School's Career Services Office also provides a number of helpful online resources.
The Bloomberg School’s Career Planner - your comprehensive career development guide. The Career Planner shows you how to develop an eye-catching resume, write the perfect cover letter and even prepare for a public health career fair.
- Use the Job/Intern Portal to access job and internship openings in over 200 countries including the US!
- Review strategies and guidance on how to find internships and opportunities in other countries, including country-specific guidance on resumes/CVs, interviews, salaries, job resources, networking, business cards, culture, and much more!
- Get Started with Passport Career - for STUDENTS
- Passport Career Global Training Events
- Networking for New Professionals
- Acing the Interview
- Jump Start your Career Search Webinar Series
- Job Searching towards Graduation
- List of government websites (federal, state and local)
- List of national organizations
- List of internship & fellowship opportunities
- List of public health employers
- List of public health job hunting websites
- Public Health Online:
- Foundation List
- Foundation List is a job board specifically designed for listing opportunities within the nonprofit employment sector.
- Explore Top Careers in STEM
- Entrepreneurship Guide for MBA Students (courtesy of OnlineMBA.com)
- Salary information
Career Resources In The Hopkins Community
Below are some additional resources that might be valuable as you navigate the world of public health jobs. You can also contact the Career Services Office with any questions.This site contains resources applicable to all students across disciples at Johns Hopkins, and is intended to supplement existing career office sites and provide additional resources for our schools that have limited online offerings. It follows the career development process and includes information on self-assessment, researching career paths, making decisions, taking action, and managing careers. It contains specific information on international employment and for PhD/Doctoral Students and Postdoctoral Fellows. The schools worked together to select and vet dozens of websites, podcasts, books, and other resources including a small group of paid career tools which are being funded jointly by the schools and SSEI.
- Hopkins Exclusive Resources - By using your JHED ID, you will have exclusive access the following career development resources
- CaseCoach (formerly VocaPrep) - CaseCoach is now used by some of the world's leading consulting firms, universities and business schools, as well as by individuals looking for the best interview prep expertise.
- GoinGlobal - GoinGlobal helps job and internship seekers find opportunities both at home and abroad.
- Imagine PhD - ImaginePhD is a free online career exploration and planning tool for PhD students and postdoctoral scholars in the humanities and social sciences
- LinkedIn Learning - This platform (formerly called Lynda.com) offers courses taught by real-world professionals on leadership, management, data science, software development and many other topics.
- OneHop Mentoring - An easy to use platform that will allow you to build connections with JHU alumni.
- Skillsoft - Skillsoft offers e-learning courses to help students develop business, leadership, communications, and technology skills in preparation for a variety of careers and work environments.
- Vault - Vault.com provides in-depth intelligence on what it’s really like to work within an industry, company, or profession—and how to position yourself to launch and build the career you want.
JHU Career Offices
Johns Hopkins Office of Integrative Learning & Life Design (ILLD) - Career planning is out, life design is in! We no longer ask people what they plan to do with their lives. Instead, we engage them in experiences that inspire them and empower them to make audacious moves!
- The Career Lab, School of Nursing
- Professional Development and Career Office (PDCO)
- LAUNCHPad, Peabody Conservatory
- Global Careers, School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS)
- Life Design Lab, Homewood Campus
- Career Services, School of Education
- Career Development Office, Carey Business School
- Career Services, Advanced Academic Programs
- Hire Hopkins
- Hopkins Connect
- Johns Hopkins Pre-Professional Advising Office