Career Services for Students
For current students just starting their careers in public health and alumni interested in building their skills, the Bloomberg School’s Career Services Office provides a variety of assistance including individual career coaching, a university wide job and employer database, career development workshops and events, a list of career resources, and an annual career fair.
UPDATE: The Career Services Office has made the decision to temporarily halt in-person services effective Monday, March 16th until further notice due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We will be available to meet with you virtually. If you would like to schedule a virtual session with a Career Coach, please contact Paul Hutchinson firstname.lastname@example.org or Caroline Kelly email@example.com.
Handshake is the university-wide service for students and alumni to access job and internship postings from tens of thousands of employers, connect with career services, and learn about recruiting events and job fairs.
Sheldon Hall (W1214)
12:15 - 1:15 pm
Friday, March 27, 2020 (POSTPONED)
12:15 - 1:15 pm
Stay Connected on Social Media
Friday, March 6, 2020 - 36th Annual Public Health Career Fair
Every year, the Career Services Office hosts a public health career fair that attracts representatives from dozens of employers – and provides students with an opportunity to search for jobs and build relationships with professionals in their field of interest.
Business Card Service
The Business Card Service is a unique opportunity from the Career Services Office for students to purchase Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Business Cards to assist in their networking with potential employers and alumni. The business card service has ended. The next business card service will take place in Fall 2020.
The Career Planner maintained by the Career Services Office provides comprehensive information and tips for job seekers on everything from how to develop your resume to how to prepare for a public health career fair.
The Bloomberg School's Career Services Office wants to help you prepare for the next stage in your public health career by...
- telling you everything you would want to know about writing resumes and CVs;
- explaining how networking is your most effective job search tool; and
- helping you learn the tips to acing the interview.
The Passport Career system will help you to explore opportunities around the world! You may be seeking a job, internship, or simply looking to explore opportunities in other countries. For all of these and other global career interests, the Passport Career System provides extensive resources, guidance, strategies and tools to help you make your career move to 81 countries, including 50+ cities in the U.S.! Download this step-by-step guide on how to use it. Sign-up to get weekly/monthly online training emails on a variety of topics to help with your job search!
The JHSPH Career Outcomes Report provides a snapshot into the Bloomberg School community about student’s status post-graduation. The report shows that 90% of graduates are employed (full-time, part-time or fellowship, internship or residency) after graduation. Additional information includes types of organizations hiring public health students, salary ranges, and employment rates. The full report can be downloaded here.
Interested in what Bloomberg School alumni are doing now that they’ve graduated? Download a copy of the report and sample of current alumni jobs. In addition, check out the JHSPH LinkedIn alumni group or visit GoHopOnline, the university web-based networking platform for Johns Hopkins alumni. You can also contact the Career Services Office directly with any questions about connecting with alumni.
In August 2018, Farouk Dey as appointed as the inaugural Vice Provost for Integrative Learning and Life Design at Johns Hopkins University. Dr. Dey leads programs and services that bridge curricular and experiential learning with life aspirations for undergraduate and graduate students, postdocs, and alumni across the university’s schools and divisions. To learn more about Life Design at JHU click here.
By using your JHED ID, you will have exclusive access to the following career development resources.
- Candid Career - Candid Career has thousands of career videos to help you find your dream job. Want interview tips, job information, or career guidance for students.
- GoinGlobal - GoinGlobal helps job and internship seekers find opportunities both at home and abroad.
- Imagine PhD - ImaginePhD is a free online career exploration and planning tool for PhD students and postdoctoral scholars in the humanities and social sciences
- Interview Stream - InterviewStream powered by RIVS is an easy to use online video interviewing solution company that provides a hiring advantage and advanced recruiting technology.
- LinkedIn Learning - This platform (formerly called Lynda.com) offers courses taught by real-world professionals on leadership, management, data science, software development and many other topics.
- Skillsoft - Skillsoft offers e-learning courses to help students develop business, leadership, communications, and technology skills in preparation for a variety of careers and work environments.
- Vault - Vault.com provides in-depth intelligence on what it’s really like to work within an industry, company, or profession—and how to position yourself to launch and build the career you want.
- VocaPrep - Coming soon!!