Career Services for Students
For current students just starting their careers in public health and alumni interested in building their skills, the Bloomberg School’s Career Services Office provides a variety of assistance including individual career coaching, a university wide job and employer database, career development workshops and events, a list of career resources, and an annual career fair.
Our career coaches can help you develop career options, improve your resume or CV, prepare for an interview, provide salary negotiation techniques and assist you with your search for a job or internship. To set up an appointment with a career coach, you can log into your Handshake account or contact the Career Services Office by email at JHSPH.Careers@jhu.edu or call 410-955-3034.
Handshake is the university-wide service for students and alumni to access job and internship postings from tens of thousands of employers, connect with career services, and learn about recruiting events and job fairs.
Networking and Dining
Thursday, February 21, 2019
Feinstone Hall, 5:00 - 8:00 pm
How to Prepare for the
Public Health Career Fair
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
W3030, 12:15 - 1:15 pm
Getting a Great Job in International
Development or Global Health
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
W3030, 12:15 - 1:15 pm
Friday, March 1, 2019 - 35th Annual Public Health Career Fair
Every year, the Career Services Office hosts a public health career fair that attracts representatives from dozens of employers – and provides students with an opportunity to search for jobs and build relationships with professionals in their field of interest. Review information from the 2018 Public Health Career Fair here.
The Career Planner maintained by the Career Services Office provides comprehensive information and tips for job seekers on everything from how to develop your resume to how to prepare for a public health career fair.
The Bloomberg School's Career Services Office wants to help you prepare for the next stage in your public health career by...
- telling you everything you would want to know about writing resumes and CVs;
- explaining how networking is your most effective job search tool; and
- helping you learn the tips to acing the interview.
The Business Card Service is a unique opportunity from the Career Services Office for students to purchase Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Business Cards to assist in their networking with potential employers and alumni. The next Business Card Service will take place in Fall 2019.
The JHSPH Career Outcomes Report provides a snapshot into the Bloomberg School community about student’s status post-graduation. The report shows that 90% of graduates are employed (full-time, part-time or fellowship, internship or residency) after graduation. Additional information includes types of organizations hiring public health students, salary ranges, and employment rates. The full report can be downloaded here.
Interested in what Bloomberg School alumni are doing now that they’ve graduated? Download a copy of the report and sample of current alumni jobs. In addition, check out the JHSPH LinkedIn alumni group or visit GoHopOnline, the university web-based networking platform for Johns Hopkins alumni. You can also contact the Career Services Office directly with any questions about connecting with alumni.
By using your JHED ID, you will have exclusive access to the following career development resources.
- Candid Career - Candid Career has thousands of career videos to help you find your dream job. Want interview tips, job information, or career guidance for students.
- CQ Interactive - The most advanced on-line interactive case training developed. CQI focuses on the skills you need to walk into the case interview well prepared and confident.
- GoinGlobal - GoinGlobal helps job and internship seekers find opportunities both at home and abroad.
- Interview Stream - InterviewStream powered by RIVS is an easy to use online video interviewing solution company that provides a hiring advantage and advanced recruiting technology.
- Vault - Vault.com provides in-depth intelligence on what it’s really like to work within an industry, company, or profession—and how to position yourself to launch and build the career you want.
- Versatile PhD - Versatile PhD is the oldest, largest online community dedicated to non-academic and non-faculty careers for PhDs in humanities, social science and STEM.