GAP ANALYSIS OF ROTAVIRUS VACCINE IMPACT EVALUATIONS IN SETTINGS OF ROUTINE USE
Scope of Analysis
This report describes the global state of rotavirus vaccine (RVV) use and describes the availability of RVV impact evidence as of November 3, 2016 in countries routinely using RVV. The amount of evidence that is published or being collected on RVV impact is described and key gaps are identified.
Changes from Previous Report
In addition to updating data on RVV introductions and number/type of impact studies, this report includes several new sections or analyses:
- Previous reports used study as the unit of analyses and summarized the availability of impact evidence at this level. Our impact study database is under redesign and the definition and previous designation of individual studies are undergoing review to best reflect the unique sources of impact evidence. Thus for this report, a country is the unit of analysis as it is the most reliable and accurate unit of analysis.
- Each section now highlights key opportunities from Gavi’s perspective, in green “opportunities” boxes
- We have added new, in-depth analyses of: Impact study gaps by Gavi transition status
- Economic impact study gaps, including by type of economic analyses
- Future opportunities for impact studies, beginning with an evaluation of existing WHO surveillance infrastructure
This report was produced using VIEW-hub.