Research Assistant I (Federal Work Study)
The mission of the International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC) at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health is to accelerate global access to life-saving vaccines through the development and implementation of evidence-based policies. The work of IVAC focuses on disease epidemiology, vaccine economics and supply, monitoring and evaluation of vaccine introduction and Center programs, and advocacy and communications activities to increase the profile of and global action on vaccine-preventable disease. http://www.jhsph.edu/research/centers-and-institutes/ivac/
Assist a high-quality team conducting analyses and data management for a cohort study of 300 Baltimore households enrolled in the SARS-CoV-2 transmission SEARCh study where household members will be tested weekly by nasal swab over 8 months, serum will be tested for antibodies at month 4 and 8, and saliva testing will also be done. Analyses to be performed include assessing study quality and progress, understanding transmission, risk factors for infection, age effects, etc.
Expected start to end date:
Immediately to September 2021, 15-19 hours per week.
SEARCh is a CDC-sponsored prospective longitudinal cohort study of SARS-CoV-2 infection and transmission in ~300 Baltimore households with a child under 5 years of age. This is a fast-paced study and we need assistance from a student with skills in analysis, data visualization and programming to manage and interpret the large amount of data that will be generated. This is a unique opportunity to learn good practices in data management and analysis and to contribute an important study that may help drive policy related to childcare, preschool, and COVID-19 vaccination programs.
- Assist a team of epidemiologists and analysts in analyzing data to assess study performance, data quality and address scientific questions (transmission, risk factors, testing sensitivity, etc.).
- Generate graphics and visual displays of data. >Conduct analyses using R, SAS or Stata.
- Present results to study team.
- Maintain code, output, results and derived variables in an organized manner standardized with that of the other study analysts.
- Participate in forums and discussions related to pertinent study topics.
- Skills in R, SAS or Stata.
- Experience in data analysis and data visualizations (e.g., graphical displays).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in English and highly organized.
- Must have own computer and reliable internet connection
- Ability to work and communicate virtually.
- Completion of CITI training once hired (training provided through employer).
Application window: Please respond ASAP. Interested students should contact Maria Deloria Knoll, email@example.com, to apply or ask any questions.
Note: Eligibility for Federal Work Study is a requirement for this position