Webinar Recording: How will COVID-19 Vaccines be Deployed in Maryland and the U.S.?
The International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC) hosted a webinar on October 21 2020 , “How will COVID-19 Vaccines be Deployed in Maryland and the U.S.? A conversation with state and local leaders working to equitably allocate vaccines in 2020 and beyond.”
This online panel about COVID-19 vaccine allocation in Maryland and the U.S. was hosted by the International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC) at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and moderated by Vice Dean for Public Health Practice and Community Engagement Dr. Joshua Sharfstein. The panel explored COVID-19 vaccine allocation phases and underlying ethical principles, exploring how these concepts will be operationalized at the federal, state, and local level. Panelists will discussed:
- An overview of allocation phases for the U.S.
- Plans for vaccine deployment
- Community response
- Strategies to ensure the vaccine reaches people according to the allocation framework
- Joshua Sharfstein, MD (moderator), Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Jinlene Chan, MD, Maryland Department of Health
- Letitia Dzirasa, MD, Baltimore City Health Department
- William Moss, MD, International Vaccine Access Center