Thank You Donor Video
This video is a perfect opportunity for you to express how grateful you are to our donors! Alumni, students, faculty and staff benefit from the generosity of our annual fund donors at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. This is a great chance for you to say THANK YOU!
Important steps to take before you create your video
- Avoid wearing a white or light-colored shirt if using a white or light-colored background
- Make sure there is plenty of light
- Please set up for your video in a quiet space and stay in one place.
- Please shoot your video horizontally, as we would like to use your video in a compilation and it would help to have everyone’s videos shot the same way.
- Now you’re ready to begin!
For an idea of what we are looking for in
these, please view sample video below.
Step 1 - Say Thank You!
- Thank you so much for your support of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health ….
- We are grateful for your gift to the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health…
- Please accept my deep appreciation for your commitment to the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health….
- We are grateful for the generosity of dedicated donors like you. Thank you once again for your support!
- Thank you for your thoughtful contribution to the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health….
- Your support helps us provide the finest research environment for our faculty and the most advanced public health education for our students who will become future leaders of public health.
- Your investment in public health education and research is essential and strengthens our ability to aid people worldwide.
Step 2 - Tell them a little about YOURSELF and your time at JHSPH
Step 3 - If appropriate, conclude with why YOU give to the School
- It is important for our alumni to invest in the School and our mission in Protecting Health, Saving Lives – Millions at a Time.
Example wording for a 1-2 minute thank you video
Hello! My name is Jane Doe and I wanted to start by saying thank you for your support and generosity. It is support like this that affords students like me the opportunity to grow, thrive, and one day – make an impact on bettering this world we all share.
My dream throughout college was to find a career that allowed me to work in child health – and so I decided to pursue that from both a clinical and a public health perspective. After working in clinical research for one year, I began medical school at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. I am now completing the MPH at Johns Hopkins, finally getting the public health side of my training, in between my third and fourth years of medical school.
I often dream about making a difference in this world and to be a part of something greater than myself. With my acceptance into Bloomberg School of Public Health, I know that I am one step closer to realizing that dream - to bring medical care to those who need it most.
Johns Hopkins is truly a special place which empowers its students with the skills and resources necessary to be successful. My favorite part of the Hopkins experience has been learning from physicians and scholars who took it upon themselves to combat the great public health challenges of their day.
Thank you again for your support of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. We are truly grateful for all that you do!
Words to refer to philanthropy