Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
PhD, Pasteur Institute, 2013
MD, Paris V University, 2009
Invasive fungal infection
Most important publications
1. Hommel B, Mukaremera L, Cordero RJB, Coelho C, Desjardins CA, Sturny-Leclère A, et al. Titan cells formation in Cryptococcus neoformans is finely tuned by environmental conditions and modulated by positive and negative genetic regulators. Mitchell AP, editor. PLoS Pathog. 2018 May 18;14(5):e1006982–38.
1. Garcia-Hermoso D, Criscuolo A, Lee SC, Legrand M, Chaouat M, Denis B, et al. Outbreak of Invasive Wound Mucormycosis in a Burn Unit Due to Multiple Strains of Mucor circinelloides f. circinelloides Resolved by Whole-Genome Sequencing. mBio. 2018 Apr 24;9(2).
1. Alanio A, Desnos-Ollivier M, Garcia-Hermoso D, Bretagne S. Investigating Clinical Issues by Genotyping of Medically Important Fungi: Why and How? Clin Microbiol Rev. 2017 Jul;30(3):671–707.
1. Legrand M, Gits-Muselli M, Boutin L, Garcia-Hermoso D, Maurel V, Soussi S, et al. Detection of Circulating Mucorales DNA in Critically Ill Burn Patients: Preliminary Report of a Screening Strategy for Early Diagnosis and Treatment. Clin Infect Dis. 2016 Nov 15;63(10):1312–7.
1. Alanio A, Hauser PM, Lagrou K, Melchers WJG, Helweg-Larsen J, Matos O, et al. ECIL guidelines for the diagnosis of Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia in patients with haematological malignancies and stem cell transplant recipients. J Antimicrob Chemother. Oxford University Press; 2016 Sep;71(9):2386–96.