PhD, University of Pittsburgh, 2000
MPH, University of Pittsburgh
From 1989 to 2000, Dr. Seaberg served as a statistician in the Epidemiology Data Coordinating Center at the University of Pittsburgh. Among the studies he collaborated on were the NIDDK Liver Transplantation Database (LTD) and Cost of Liver Transplantation Study, the NIA Monogahela Valley Independent Elders Survey (MOVIES), and the Indo-US Cross-National Dementia Epidemiology Study. During this period he also served as a consulting statistician for the Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. In 2001 he was appointed assistant research professor in the Department of Epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Dr. Seaberg brings both epidemiologic and biostatistical expertise to STATEPI projects. In particular, his experience in liver transplantation and viral hepatitis research affords unique insights into the study of complications of liver disease among HIV-infected individuals. His responsibilities include collaborating with STATEPI investigators and staff to design, conduct, and report the results of studies nested within the MACS and WIHS cohorts, and he coordinates the data management and analysis activities of an international study of HIV-HBV coinfection.
- Popov M, Molsberry SA, Lecci F, Junker B, Kingsley LA, Levine A, Martin E, Miller E, Munro CA, Ragin A, Seaberg E, Sacktor N, Becker JT. Brain structural correlates of trajectories to cognitive impairment in men with and without HIV disease. Brain Imaging Behav. 2019 Jan 9;. doi: 10.1007/s11682-018-0026-7. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30623289; NIHMSID:NIHMS1518256.
- Price JC, Seaberg EC, Stosor V, Witt MD, Lellock CD, Thio CL. Aspartate aminotransferase-to-platelet ratio index increases significantly 3 years prior to liver-related death in HIV-hepatitis-coinfected men. AIDS. 2018 Nov 13;32(17):2636-2638. doi: 10.1097/QAD.0000000000001977. PubMed PMID: 30096072; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6251714.
- Maki PM, Rubin LH, Springer G, Seaberg EC, Sacktor N, Miller EN, Valcour V, Young MA, Becker JT, Martin EM. Differences in Cognitive Function Between Women and Men With HIV. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2018 Sep 1;79(1):101-107. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0000000000001764. PubMed PMID: 29847476; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6092201.
- Massad LS, Hessol NA, Darragh TM, Minkoff H, Colie C, Wright RL, Cohen M, Seaberg EC. Cervical cancer incidence after up to 20 years of observation among women with HIV. Int J Cancer. 2017 Oct 15;141(8):1561-1565. doi: 10.1002/ijc.30866. Epub 2017 Jul 17. PubMed PMID: 28670714; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5760214.
- Seaberg EC, Witt MD, Jacobson LP, Detels R, Rinaldo CR, Young S, Phair JP, Thio CL. Spontaneous Clearance of the Hepatitis C Virus Among Men Who Have Sex With Men. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Nov 1;61(9):1381-8.
See all publications by Eric Seaberg