PhD, Medical University of South Carolina, 1999
MS, University of Notre Dame, 1993
Selected publications over my career at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (1999 to present).
- Hanley, D.F., Thompson, R.E., Rosenblum M. et al. (2019). “Efficacy and Safety of Minimally Invasive Surgery with Thrombolysis in Intracerebral haemorrhage Evacuation (MISTIE III): A Randomized, Controlled, Open-Label, Blinded Endpoint Phase 3 Trial.” Lancet. 393: 877-888.
- Hanley, D.F., Thompson, R.E., Muschelli, J., et al. (2016). “Safety and Efficacy of Minimally Invasive Surgery Plus Alteplase in Intracerebral Haemorrhage Evacuation (MISTIE): A Randomised, Controlled, Open-label, Phase 2 Trial.” Lancet Neurol.15:1228-1237.
- Thompson, R.E., Nelson, D.F., Popkin, J.H., and Popkin, Z. (2008). “Case-Control Study of Lung Cancer Risk from Residential Radon Exposure in Worcester County, Massachusetts.” Health Phys. 94: 228-241.
- Segev, D.L., Thompson, R.E., Locke, J.E., Simpkins, C.E., Thuluvath, P., Montgomery, R.A., and Marley, W.R. (2008). “Prolonged Waiting Times for Liver Transplantation in Obese Patients.” Ann Surg. 248: 863-870.
- Felker, G.M., Thompson, R.E., Hare, J.M., Hruban, R.H., Clemetson, D.E., Howard, D.L., Baughman,
K.L., and Kasper, E.K. (2000), “Underlying Causes and Long-Term Survival in Patients with Initially
Unexplained Cardiomyopathy.” N. Engl. J. Med.; 342: 1077-1084. PMCID: 10760308
See all publications by Richard E. Thompson