MPH, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 1996
MD, University of Toronto, 1991
BA, University of Western Ontario, 1986
Publications with high impact factors and/or that influenced the field.
- Abubakar I, Aldridge RW, Devakumar D, Orcutt M, Burns R, Barreto ML, Dhanvan P, Fouad F, Groce N, Guo Y, Hargreaves S, Knipper M, Miranda J, Madise N, Kumar B, Mosca D, McGovern T, Rubenstein L, Sammonds P, Sawyer S, Sheikh K, Tollman S, Spiegel P, Zimmerman K. The UCL-Lancet Commission on Migration and Health: the health of a world on the move. Lancet. 2018;392(10164):2606-54.
- Spiegel PB. The humanitarian system is not just broke, but broken: recommendations for future humanitarian action. Lancet. 2017 DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6763(17)31278-3.
- Spiegel P, Khalifa A, Mateen FJ. Cancer in refugees in Jordan and Syria between 2009 and 2012: challenges and the way forward in humanitarian emergencies. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15(7):e290-7.
- Spiegel PB, Bennedsen AR, Claass J, Bruns L, Patterson N, Yiweza D, et al. Prevalence of HIV infection in conflict-affected and displaced people in seven sub-Saharan African countries: a systematic review. Lancet. 2007;369(9580):2187-95
- Spiegel PB, Salama P. War and mortality in Kosovo, 1998-99: an epidemiological testimony. Lancet. 2000;355(9222):2204-9.
See all publications by Paul B. Spiegel