PhD, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2018
MPH, New York University, 2009
BA, New York University, 2006
Kate Rucinski is an epidemiologist and HIV researcher. Dr. Rucinski’s research is focused on optimizing the health and well-being of key populations at the highest risk of HIV acquisition and transmission. Specifically, her research aims to better understand diversity in sexual decision-making to inform more holistic sexual and reproductive health programs for adolescent girls and young women, including young women who sell sex, in sub-Saharan Africa. She is particularly interested in the use of routinely collected observational data to define opportunities for improved service delivery in Southern and Eastern Africa.
Representative publications from the last two years.
- Rucinski KB, Schwartz SR, Mishra S, et al. High HIV prevalence and low HIV-service engagement among young women who sell sex: A pooled analysis across nine sub-Saharan African countries [published online ahead of print, 2020 Jul 3]. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2020;10.1097/QAI.0000000000002432. doi:10.1097/QAI.0000000000002432
- Rucinski KB, Schwartz SR, Powers KA, et al. Fertility Intentions and Clinical Care Attendance Among Women Living with HIV in South Africa. AIDS Behav. 2020;24(6):1585-1591. doi:10.1007/s10461-019-02564-y
- Rucinski KB, Powers KA, Schwartz SR, et al. Longitudinal patterns of unmet need for contraception among women living with HIV on antiretroviral therapy in South Africa. PLoS One. 2018;13(12):e0209114. Published 2018 Dec 20. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0209114
- Rucinski KB, Eaton LA, Learner ER, Watson RJ, Maksut JL, Earnshaw VA. Transactional Sex and Incident Chlamydia and Gonorrhea Among Black Men Who Have Sex With Men in Atlanta, Georgia. Sex Transm Dis. 2020;47(6):355-360. doi:10.1097/OLQ.0000000000001168
- Schwartz SR, Rao A, Rucinski KB, Lyons C, Viswasam N, Comins CA, Olawore O, Baral S. HIV-related Implementation Research for Key Populations: Designing for Individuals, Evaluating across Populations, and Integrating Context. JAIDS. 2019 Dec;82 Suppl 3:S206-S216. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0000000000002191.
See all publications by Katherine Rucinski