PhD, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2018
MPH, Tulane University, 2011
BS, University of Wisconsin, 2006
Lauren Czaplicki is an Assistant Scientist in the Department of Health, Behavior and Society. She received her PhD from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and MPH from Tulane University. Prior to joining the faculty within the Department of Health, Behavior and Society, Dr. Czaplicki worked as a research investigator at Truth Initiative in Washington DC. There, she led studies to inform youth tobacco use prevention efforts and the development of federal regulatory standards on tobacco product manufacturing and marketing.
Dr. Czaplicki’s research broadly focuses on corporate influence on population health outcomes and the health policy development process. She maintains a portfolio of projects which use qualitative and quantitative methods to investigate tobacco industry marketing strategies in high-, middle-, and low-income countries. Dr. Czaplicki also leads studies to evaluate the beneficial impact and unintended consequences of policy implementation, particularly on vulnerable and historically marginalized communities.
- Czaplicki L, Rahman B, Simpson R, Rose SW, Liu M, Perk SN, Moran MB, Schillo B. Going smokeless: Promotional features and reach of US smokeless to direct-mail advertising (July 2017 – August 2018). Nicotine Tob Res. 2020; doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntaa255.
- Rose SW, Amato MS, Anesetti-Rothermel A, Carnegie B, Safi Z, Benson AF, Czaplicki L, Simpson R, Zhou Y, Akbar M, Younger Gagosian S, Chen-Sankey JC, Schillo BA. Characteristics and Reach Equity of Policies Restricting Flavored Tobacco Product Sales in the United States. Health Promot Pract. 2020 Jan;21(1_suppl):44S-53S. doi: 10.1177/1524839919879928. PubMed PMID: 31908207; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6988448.
- Moran MB, Heley K, Czaplicki L, Weiger C, Strong D, Pierce J. Tobacco advertising features that may contribute to product appeal among US adolescents and young adults. Nicotine Tob Res. 2020; doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntaa275.
- Czaplicki L, Tulsiani S, Kostygina G, Feng M, Kim Y, Perks SN, Emery S, Schillo B. #toolittletoolate: JUUL-related content on Instagram before and after self-regulatory action. PLoS One. 2020;15(5):e0233419.
- Czaplicki L, Schillo BA, Rose SW, Zhou Y, Vallone D. National Support for a Menthol Cigarette Sales Ban. Public Health Rep. 2020 Nov 9;33354920966004.
See all publications by Lauren M. Czaplicki