PhD, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2018
MPH, Tulane University, 2011
BS, University of Wisconsin, 2006
Lauren Czaplicki is an Assistant Scientist in the Department of Health, Behavior and Society. She received her PhD from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and MPH from Tulane University. Prior to joining the faculty within the Department of Health, Behavior and Society, Dr. Czaplicki worked as a research investigator at Truth Initiative in Washington DC. There, she led studies to inform youth tobacco use prevention efforts and the development of federal regulatory standards on tobacco product manufacturing and marketing.
Dr. Czaplicki’s research broadly focuses on corporate influence on population health outcomes and the health policy development process. She maintains a portfolio of projects which use qualitative and quantitative methods to investigate tobacco industry marketing strategies in high-, middle-, and low-income countries. Dr. Czaplicki also leads studies to evaluate the beneficial impact and unintended consequences of tobacco control policy implementation, particularly on vulnerable and historically marginalized communities.
- Czaplicki L, Perks SN, Liu M, Cuccia A, Patel M, Vallone D, Schillo B. Support for E-Cigarette and Tobacco Control Policies Among Parents of Adolescents. Nicotine Tob Res. 2019 Dec 3;. doi: 10.1093/ntr/ntz222. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 31793996.
- Rose SW, Amato MS, Anesetti-Rothermel A, Carnegie B, Safi Z, Benson AF, Czaplicki L, Simpson R, Zhou Y, Akbar M, Younger Gagosian S, Chen-Sankey JC, Schillo BA. Characteristics and Reach Equity of Policies Restricting Flavored Tobacco Product Sales in the United States. Health Promot Pract. 2020 Jan;21(1_suppl):44S-53S. doi: 10.1177/1524839919879928. PubMed PMID: 31908207; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6988448.
- Czaplicki L, Kostygina G, Kim Y, Perks SN, Szczypka G, Emery SL, Vallone D, Hair EC. Characterising JUUL-related posts on Instagram. Tob Control. 2019 Jul 2;. doi: 10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2018-054824. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 31266903.
- Czaplicki L, Cohen JE, Jones MR, Clegg Smith K, Rutkow L, Owczarzak J. Compliance with the City of Chicago's partial ban on menthol cigarette sales. Tob Control. 2019 Mar;28(2):161-167. doi: 10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2018-054319. Epub 2018 May 31. PubMed PMID: 29853559; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6274605.
- Singh H, Kennedy RD, Lagasse LP, Czaplicki LM, Cohen JE. E-cigarettes and Weight Loss-Product Design Innovation Insights From Industry Patents. Nicotine Tob Res. 2018 Jul 9;20(8):1010-1014. doi: 10.1093/ntr/ntx112. PubMed PMID: 28525609; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6037115.
See all publications by Lauren M. Czaplicki