PhD, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, 2017
MPH, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 2008
BA, Carroll College, 2005
My work focuses on understanding the forces that structure human behavior in the health policy process. I approach policy as a contest of ideas, shaped by language and deeper value conflicts. I apply these concepts to work on health financing, health workforce development, and the regulation of harmful consumer products.
Selected Publications from the last 5 years
- Koon AD, Windmeyer L, Bigdelli M, Charles J, Uneke J, El Jardali F, Bennett S. (2020). “A Scoping Review of the Uses and Institutionalization of Knowledge for Health Policy in Low- and Middle-Income Countries.” Health Research Policy and Systems. Volume 18, Issue 1, January, pages 1-7
- Saxena A, Koon AD, Lagrada-Rombaua L, Angeles-Agdeppa I, Johns B, Capanzana M. (2019). “Modelling the impact of a tax on sweetened beverages in the Philippines: an extended cost effectiveness analysis.” Bulletin of the World Health Organization. Volume 97, Issue 2, pages 97-107.
- Koon AD, Conrad A, Connor C, Saxena S, Naimoli J, Rodriguez D. (2019) “Implementing health system strengthening projects at USAID: Findings from five cases using an integrated framework.” Global Public Health. Volume 14, Issue 12, June, pages 1829-1846.
- Koon AD, Hawkins B, and Mayhew SH. (2016). “Framing and the Health Policy Process: A Scoping Review.” Health Policy and Planning, Volume 31, Issue 6, July, pages 801-816.
- Koon AD, Rao KD, Tran, N and Ghaffar, A. (2013). “Embedding health policy and systems research into decision-making processes in low- and middle-income countries.” Health Research Policy and Systems, Volume 11, Issue 30, Aug.
See all publications by Adam Koon