PhD, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, 2017
MPH, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 2008
BA, Carroll College, 2005
My work focuses on understanding the forces that structure human behavior in the health policy process. I approach policy as a contest of ideas, shaped by language and deeper value conflicts. I apply these concepts to work on health financing, health workforce development, and the regulation of harmful consumer products.
Selected Publications from the last year
- Koon AD, Mendenhall E, Eich L, Adams A, Borus ZA. (2021). “A Spectrum of (Dis)Belief: Coronavirus Frames in a Rural Midwestern Tourist Town.” Social Science and Medicine. (Advance Access)
- Koon AD. (2021). "Organizational Sensemaking in Pursuit of Legitimacy: Toward a Social Explanation of Medical Strikes in Kenya." Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law (Advance Access).
- Carriedo A, Koon AD, Encarnación LM, Lee K, Smith R, Walls H. (2021). "The political economy of sugar-sweetened beverage taxation in Latin America: lessons from Mexico, Chile and Colombia." Globalization and Health, Volume 17, Issue 1, pages 1-14.
- Koon AD, Hawkins B, Mayhew SH. (2020) “Framing Universal Health Coverage in Kenya: An Interpretive Analysis of the 2004 Bill on National Social Health Insurance.” Health Policy and Planning. Volume 35, Issue 10, pages 1376-1384.
- Koon AD, Hoover J, Sonthalia S, Rosser E, Gore A, Rao KD. (2020) “In-service Nurse Mentoring in 2020, the Year of the Nurse and the Midwife: Learning from Bihar, India.” Global Health Action. Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 1-5.
See all publications by Adam Koon