PhD, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2015
MSPH, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2011
BA, University of Virginia, 2008
My research is focused on the epidemiology of chronic lung diseases in low- and middle-income countries, as well as the implementation of interventions for improving chronic respiratory disease outcomes in these settings. Current projects include the development of community-based interventions to promote self-management of asthma and COPD, and the development and evaluation of program strategies to promote access and exclusive adoption of clean fuels. My research interests include chronic lung disease epidemiology, implementation science, mixed methods research, global health, and building local capacity for public health research and training in LMICs.
Honors and Awards
Mentored Research Scientist Development Award, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, 2018
Fogarty Global Health Postdoctoral Fellowship, UJMT Fogarty Global Health Consortium, 2015
Best Paper Award, SAAPHI/Black Caucus of Health Workers Symposium, American Public Health Association, 2013
Delta Omega Honors Society, Alpha Chapter, Johns Hopkins University, 2011
Phi Beta Kappa, Beta Chapter of Virginia, University of Virginia, 2008
My research has focused primarily on chronic lung diseases in low- and middle-income countries. My current research focuses on the implementation of community-based interventions to promote self-management of asthma and COPD, and development and evaluation of program strategies to promote access and exclusive adoption of clean fuels.
- Pollard SL, Williams K, Brown C, Winiker A, Puzzolo E, Tarazona-Meza CE, Grigsby M, Chiang M, Checkley W. An evaluation of the Fondo de Inclusión Social Energético program to promote access to liquefied petroleum gas in resource-poor communities of Peru. Energy for Sustain Dev 2018 Oct; 46: 82-93.
- Pollard SL, Lima JJ, Mougey E, Romero K, Tarazona-Meza C, Tomaino K, Malpartida G, Hansel NN, Checkley W. Associations between serum 25(OH)D concentrations and prevalent asthma among children living in communities with differing levels of urbanization. Asthma Research and Practice 2017; 3(1): 5
- Pollard SL, Malpica T, Friberg I, Fischer-Walker C, Ashraf S, Walker N. Estimating the herd immunity effect of rotavirus vaccine. Vaccine 2015 July, 33(32): 3795-3800
- Pollard SL, Zachary DA, Wingert K, Booker SS, Surkan PJ. Family and community influence on diabetes-related dietary change in a low-income, urban neighborhood. Diabetes Educator 2014 Jul/Aug;40(4)
- Pollard SL, Williams DL, Breysse PN, Baron PA, Grajeda LM, Gilman RH, Miranda JJ, Checkley W. A cross-sectional study of determinants of indoor environmental exposures and associated cardiopulmonary outcomes in households with and without chronic exposure to biomass fuel smoke. Environ Health 2014 Mar 24;13(1):21
See all publications by Suzanne Lee Pollard