PhD, Drexel University, 2015
MPH, University of Wisconsin - LaCrosse, 2011
MD, Guangdong Medical University, 2008
Honors and Awards
2018-2019 CFAR (Center for AIDS Research) Scholar Faculty Development Award, Johns Hopkins University
2018 Cooper Scholar, 20th International Workshop on Co-Morbidities and Adverse Drug Reactions in HIV.
2018 New Investigator Scholarship, Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI 2018).
2017 Mentoring Workshop for Junior Investigator Scholarship, HIV & Aging: From Mitochondria to the Metropolis.
2017 Young Investigator Travel Scholarship, 8th International Workshop on HIV & Aging 2017.
2016 Co-recipient of Provost’s Postdoctoral Diversity Programming Award, Johns Hopkins University
2012 Student Research Award, American Public Health Association, Public Health Education and Health Promotion Section.
2017 Conference Travel Scholarship, Johns Hopkins University Department of Epidemiology.
Selected Most Recent Publications
- Xiang F., Sun, J. (co-first and corresponding author), Chen, PH., Zheng, H., Cai, S., Kirk, GD., Early Elevation of FIB-4 Liver Fibrosis Score is Associated with Adverse Outcomes among Patients with COVID-19., Clinical Infectious Diseases, 2020.
- Sun, J., Brown, T., Tong, W., Samuels, D., Tien, P., Aissani, B., Aouizerat, B., Villacres, M., Kuniholm, MH., Gustafson, D., Michel, K., Cohen, M., Schneider, M., Adimora, AA., Ali, MK., Bolivar, H., Hulgan, T., African Mitochondrial DNA Haplogroup L2 is Associated with Slower Decline of Beta-Cell Function and Lower Incidence of Diabetes Mellitus in non-Hispanic Black Women with HIV. Clinical Infectious Diseases, 2020.
- Sun, J., Longchamps, R., Piggott, D.A., Castellani, C.A., Sumpter, J.A., Brown, T.T., Mehta, S.H., Arking, D.E., Kirk, G.D., The Association between HIV Infection and Mitochondrial DNA Copy Number in Peripheral Blood: A Population-based, Prospective Cohort Study. The Journal of Infectious Diseases, 2018.
- Sun, J., Brown, T., Samuels, D., Hulgan, T., D’Souza, G., Jamieson, B., Erlandson, K., Martinson, J., Palella Jr., F., Margolick, J., Kirk, G., Schrack, J., The Role of Mitochondrial DNA Variation in Age-related Gait Speed Decline among Older HIV-infected White Males. Clinical Infectious Diseases, 2018.
- Sun J, Patel F, Rose-Jacobs R, Frank DA, Black MM, Chilton M. Mothers' Adverse Childhood Experiences and Their Young Children's Development. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2017.
See all publications by Jing Sun