PhD, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 2018
MPH, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2015
MD, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 2007
Dr. Ishigami is an Assistant Scientist of Epidemiology at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and Associate Faculty at the Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology, and Clinical Research. Dr. Ishigami's research focuses on: 1) Infectious disease epidemiology in CKD; and 2) Cardiorenal syndromes types 1 and 2.
Honors and Awards
2015 Capstone Award, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
2015 Cardiovascular Disease Epidemiology Training Program (T32)
2018 W.H. Linda Kao Collaboration Award
2020 AJKD Editor’s Choice Award
- Ishigami J, Grams ME, Chang AR, Carrero JJ, Coresh J, Matsushita K. CKD and Risk for Hospitalization With Infection: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study. Am J Kidney Dis. 2016
- Ishigami J, Matsushita K. Clinical epidemiology of infectious disease among patients with chronic kidney disease. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2019
- Ishigami J, Sang Y, Grams ME, Coresh J, Chang A, Matsushita K. Effectiveness of Influenza Vaccination among Older Adults across Kidney Function: Pooled Analysis of 2005-2006 through 2014-2015 Influenza Seasons. Am J Kidney Dis. 2020.
- Ishigami J, Cowan LT, Demmer RT, Grams ME, Lutsey PL, Carrero JJ, Coresh J, Matsushita K. Incident Hospitalization with Major Cardiovascular Diseases and Subsequent Risk of ESKD: Implications for Cardiorenal Syndrome. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2020
- Ishigami J, Trevisan M, Lund LH, Jernberg T, Coresh J, Matsushita K, Carrero JJ. Acceleration of kidney function decline after incident hospitalization with cardiovascular disease: the Stockholm CREAtinine Measurements (SCREAM) project. Eur J Heart Fail. 2020
See all publications by Junichi Ishigami