MHS, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2015
MA, University of Ottawa, 2014
BS, University of Ottawa, 2012
Gatien's work focuses on improving our understanding of universal health coverage and access to healthcare through an economic and policy approach to health. Currently, he is looking at the cost of pneumonia, diarrhea and measles (3 vaccine-preventable diseases) in Bangladesh and Uganda to understand the economic burden on both the households and the healthcare system.
His previous work at WHO (2013) and at the University of Ottawa (2010 – 2014) focused on the cognitive access to healthcare, rather than financial, through health literacy and patient empowerment. At the WHO Centre for Health Development (Kobe, Japan), he prepared a case study on medication use by older adults to illustrate the relationship between health literacy and healthy ageing, and provide ground for intervention.
Honors and Awards
- Government of Ontario Graduate Scholarship - July 2013
- University of Ottawa Academic Excellence Scholarship - September 2012
- Finalist French for the future essay competition with scholarship - September 2006
Most recent publications
- Nina M. Martin, Radames J.B. Cordero, Gatien de Broucker. (Submitted – preprint). Have you heard the PEPS talk? Towards standardized public engagement practices for scientists (PEPS) [Preprint]. DOI: 10.20944/preprints201810.0050.v1
- Leila A. Haidari, Shawn T. Brown, Dagna Constenla, Eli Zenkov, Marie Ferguson, Gatien de Broucker, Sachiko Ozawa, Samantha Clark, Allison Portnoy, Bruce Y. Lee. (2017). Geospatial Planning and the Resulting Economic Impact of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine Introduction in Mozambique. Sexually Transmitted Diseases, 44(4), pp. 222-226, DOI: 10.1097/OLQ.0000000000000574
- Leila A. Haidari, Shawn T. Brown, Dagna Constenla, Eli Zenkov, Marie Ferguson, Gatien de Broucker, Sachiko Ozawa, Samantha Clark, Bruce Y. Lee. (2016). The Economic Value of Increasing Geospatial Access to Tetanus Toxoid Immunization in Mozambique. Vaccine, 34(35), pp. 4161-4165, DOI: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2016.06.065
- Gatien de Broucker. 2015. An estimation and comparison of the cost of pneumonia and its determining factors in Brazil, Chile and Uruguay [thesis]. Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health: Baltimore, MD, United States.
- Gatien de Broucker. (August 16, 2013). Health Literacy and Ageing — The role of health literacy in health care for the elderly: an illustration through medication use [scoping paper]. WHO Centre for Health Development - Kobe, Japan.
See all publications by Gatien de Broucker