PhD, Catholic University of America, 2014
MSW, Catholic University of America, 2007
MA, Towson University, 2003
BS, Towson University, 2001
Selected publications outlining works in the areas of spirituality, advance care planning, palliative, and end of life care.
- Sloan, D Hendricks, Peters, T., Johnson, K., Bowie, J., Yang, T., Aslakson, R., (2016). Church-Based Health Promotion Focused on Advance Care Planning and End-of-Life Care at Black Baptist Churches: A Cross-Sectional Survey. Journal of Palliative Medicine, 19(2):190-194.
- Sloan, D Hendricks, BrintzenhofeSzoc, K., Kichline, T., et al., (2017). An Assessment of Meaning in Life-Threatening Illness: Development of the HEALS- Healing Experience in All Life Stressors, Patient-Related Outcomes Measures, 8:15-22.
- Sloan, D.H., Mistretta, E., BrintzenhofeSzoc, K., Cheng, M. J., Berger, A. (2017) Influence of relationships on the meaning-making process during palliative care: Patients’ Perspectives. Annals Palliative Medicine 6(3):220-226.
- Li L, Sloan D.H, Mehta A., Willis G, Weaver M, Berger A. (2017) Life perceptions of patients receiving palliative care and experiencing psycho-social-spiritual healing. Annals Palliative Medicine, 6 (3):211-219.
- Sloan DH, Gray TF, Harris D, Peters T, Belcher A, Aslakson R, Bowie J. Church leaders and parishioners speak out about the role of the church in advance care planning and end-of-life care. Palliat Support Care. 2020 Oct 29:1-7.