PhD, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2017
MPH, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2013
BS, Clemson University, 2003
I am an epidemiologist with a broad interest in the relationship between health systems and the status of health in populations in low- and middle-income countries. I also have experience conducting studies focused on understanding the public health impact of new child health interventions and infectious disease burden modeling.
Honors and Awards
Lipitz Public Health Policy Fund Award, 2013
- Wahl B, Sharan A, Knoll MD, Kumar R, Liu L, Chu Y, McAllister DA, Nair H, Campbell H, Rudan I, Ram U, Sauer M, Shet A, Black RE, Santosham M, O’Brien KL, Arora NK. National, regional, and state-level burden of Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae type b disease in children in India: modelled estimates for 2000–15. The Lancet Global Health. 2019; 7(6): 735-47.
- Wahl B, O'Brien KL, Greenbaum A, Majumder A, Liu L, Chu Y, Lukšic I, Nair H, McAllister DA, Campbell H, Rudan I. Burden of Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae type b disease in children in the era of conjugate vaccines: global, regional, and national estimates for 2000–15. The Lancet Global Health. 2018 Jul 1;6(7):e744-57.
- Wahl B, Cossy-Gantner A, Germann S, Schwalbe NR. Artificial intelligence (AI) and global health: how can AI contribute to health in resource-poor settings?. BMJ Global Health. 2018 Aug 1;3(4):e000798.
- Liu L, Chu Y, Oza S, Hogan D, Perin J, Bassani DG, Ram U, Fadel SA, Pandey A, Dhingra N, Sahu D, Kumar P, Cibulskis R, Wahl B, Shet A, Mathers C, Lawn J, Jha P, Kumar R, Black RE, Cousens S. National, regional, and state-level all-cause and cause-specific under-5 mortality in India in 2000–15: a systematic analysis with implications for the Sustainable Development Goals. The Lancet Global Health. 2019; 7(6): 721-34.
- Kandasamy R, Gurung M, Thorson S, Yu L, Galal U, Ushma G, Voysey M, Kelly S, Wahl B, Berbers G, Finnegan K,
Ansari I, Paudel K, Murdoch DR, O'Brien KL, Kelly DF, Goldblatt D, Shrestha S, Pollard AJ. Comparison of two schedules of two-dose priming with the ten-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in Nepalese children: an open-label, randomised non-inferiority controlled trial. The Lancet Infectious Diseases. 2019; 19(2): 156-64.
See all publications by Brian Wahl