PhD, University of Maryland School of Public Health, 2017
MS, Federal University of Santa Catarina, 2011
BS, Federal University of Santa Catarina, 2004
My research is primarily focused on the development and evaluation of strategies to prevent children from being sexually abused. I also utilize longitudinal cohorts to examine the long-term consequences of child sexual abuse and other types of traumatic events experienced in childhood, for both men and women. My training is in Psychology and Public Health, with a focus on behavioral analysis and life-course research.
Honors and Awards
Society for Prevention Research’s Early Career Prevention Scientist Training Program Fellowship. 2020-2022.
Glover Dissertation Award. School of Public Health Honors Convocation, University of Maryland. College Park, MD. 2016
Honorable Mention. Society for Prevention Research/Early Career Preventionists Network Student Poster Contest. Washington, DC. 2015
- Ruzicka, A., Assini-Meytin, L.C., Schaeffer, C., Bradshaw, C. & Letourneau, E.J. (2021). Responsible behavior with younger children: Examining the feasibility of a classroom-based program to prevent child sexual abuse perpetration by adolescents. Journal of Child Sexual Abuse. https://doi.org/10.1080/10538712.2021.1881858
- Assini-Meytin, L.C., Kaufman, K., Mathews, B., Palmer, D., Ingram, M., & Letourneau, E.J. (2021). Preventing and responding to child sexual abuse: Organizational efforts. Child Abuse & Neglect. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2020.104892
- Fix, R.L., Assini-Meytin, L.C., & Le, P.T. (2019). Gender and race informed pathways from childhood sexual abuse to sexually transmitted infections. Journal of Adolescent Health, 65(2), pp. 267-273.
- Assini-Meytin, L.C., Fix, R.L., & Letourneau, E.J. (2020). Child sexual abuse: The need for a perpetration prevention focus. Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, 29(1), pp. 22-40. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/10538712.2019.1703232
- Assini-Meytin, L.C., & Green, K. (2015). Long-term consequences of adolescent parenthood among African American urban youth: A propensity score matching approach. Journal of Adolescent Health, 56(5), pp. 529-535. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2015.01.005
See all publications by Luciana C. Assini-Meytin