PhD, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2015
MS, Yonsei University, 2008
BS, Yonsei University, 2006
My research focuses on understanding maternal and child undernutrition and related health outcomes in underserved populations, with special interests in using omics tools. I have been involved in the plasma proteomics project, which aimed to discover proteomic biomarkers of micronutrients, inflammation, child growth and cognition, and lipid health. In recent years, my work has broadened to explore metabolic biomarkers of micronutrient status and DNA damage biomarkers of oxidative stress.
Honors and Awards
2018 Rainer Gross Award 2018, winner, Hildegard Grunow Foundation
2012 Harry J. Prebluda Fellowship in Nutritional Biochemistry, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, MD, USA
2012 Harry D. Kruse Publication Award in Human Nutrition, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, MD, USA
2010 International fellowship, American Association of University Women (AAUW), Washington, DC, USA
2009 The Bacon Field Chow Memorial Fellowship, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, MD, USA
- Lee SE, Schulze K, West KP Jr. The Childhood Plasma Proteome: Discovering its Applications in Public Health Nutrition. Food and Nutrition Bulletin. 2019 May; 40(2):144-150.
- Lee SE, Schulze K, Stewart CP, Cole RN, Wu LSF, Eroglu A, Yager JD, Groopman J, Christian P, West KP Jr. Plasma proteome correlates of lipid and lipoprotein: biomarkers of metabolic diversity and inflammation in children of rural Nepal. J Lipid Res. 2019 Jan;60(1):149-160.
- Lee SE, West KP Jr., Cole RN, Schulze KJ, Wu LS, Yager JD, Groopman J, Christian Parul. Novel Plasma Proteins in Nepalese School-aged Children are Associated with a Small Head Size at Birth. Scientific Reports. 2018; 8:6390. DOI:10.1038/s41598-018-24640-4
- Lee SE, Stewart CP, Schulze KJ, Cole RN, Wu LS, Yager JD, Groopman JD, Khatry SK, Adhikari RK, Christian P, West KP Jr. The Plasma Proteome Is Associated with Anthropometric Status of Undernourished Nepalese School-Aged Children. Journal of Nutrition. 2017;147:304-13.
- Omics Innovations and Applications for Public Health Nutrition: an integrated view. In “Technologies and Entrepreneurship” Sight and Life 2017; 31(2):42-52.
See all publications by Sun-Eun Lee