MS, Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering, 2009
MS, Fudan University Institute of Genetics, 2006
BS, Fudan University School of Life Sciences, 2001
I have been working with the Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis Consortium (CKD-PC) of over 60 cohorts including over 8 million participants which investigates on the prevalence and consequences of chronic kidney disease using a highly collaborative model and has produced very highly influential publications in the field. For each project, I developed analysis plan with the writing committee, designed and conducted data analysis and summarized results and methods. In addition, I am also interested in confirmation and application of newly published statistical methods, particularly in the context of meta-analysis, risk prediction and measurement error.
Selected publications from the last 5 years
- Grams ME, Sang Y, Levey AS, Matsushita K, Ballew S, Chang AR, Chow EK, Kasiske BL, Kovesdy CP, Nadkarni GN, Shalev V, Segev DL, Coresh J, Lentine KL, Garg AX; Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis Consortium. Kidney-Failure Risk Projection for the Living Kidney-Donor Candidate. N Engl J Med. 2016 Feb 4; 374(5):411-21.
- Matsushita K, Coresh J, Sang Y, Chalmers J, Fox C, Guallar E, Jafar T, Jassal SK, Landman GW, Muntner P, Roderick P, Sairenchi T, Schöttker B, Shankar A, Shlipak M, Tonelli M, Townend J, van Zuilen A, Yamagishi K, Yamashita K, Gansevoort R, Sarnak M, Warnock DG, Woodward M, Ärnlöv J; CKD Prognosis Consortium. Estimated glomerular filtration rate and albuminuria for prediction of cardiovascular outcomes: a collaborative meta-analysis of individual participant data. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2015 Jul; 3(7):514-25
- Coresh J, Turin TC, Matsushita K, Sang Y, Ballew SH, Appel LJ, Arima H, Chadban SJ, Cirillo M, Djurdjev O, Green JA, Heine GH, Inker LA, Irie F, Ishani A, Ix JH, Kovesdy CP, Marks A, Ohkubo T, Shalev V, Shankar A, Wen CP, de Jong PE, Iseki K, Stengel B, Gansevoort RT, Levey AS; for the CKD Prognosis Consortium. Decline in Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate and Subsequent Risk of End-Stage Renal Disease and Mortality. JAMA. 2014 Jun 25; 311(24):2518-31
- Parrinello CM, Grams ME, Sang Y, Couper D, Wruck LM, Li D, Eckfeldt JH, Selvin E, Coresh J. Iterative Outlier Removal: A Method for Identifying Outliers in Laboratory Recalibration Studies. Clin Chem. 2016 Jul; 62(7):966-72
- Rawlings AM, Sang Y, Sharrett AR, Coresh J, Griswold M, Kucharska-Newton AM, Palta P, Wruck LM, Gross AL, Deal JA, Power MC, Bandeen-Roche K. Multiple Imputation of Cognitive Performance as a Repeatedly Measured Outcome. Eur J Epidemiol. 2017 Jan; 32(1):55-66