MSPH, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2016
BSc, McGill University, 2011
Honors and Awards
Nancy Stephens Student Support Fund, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health: awarded May 16th 2016
Publications from the last 2 years
- Jiwani SS, Gatica-Domínguez G, Crochemore-Silva I, et al. Trends and inequalities in the nutritional status of adolescent girls and adult women in sub-Saharan Africa since 2000: a cross-sectional series study. BMJ Glob Health. 2020 Oct;5(10):e002948. doi: 10.1136/bmjgh-2020-002948. PMID: 33033052.
- Jiwani SS, Antiporta DA. Inequalities in access to water and soap matter for the COVID-19 response in sub-Saharan Africa. Int J Equity Health. 2020;19(1):82. Published 2020 Jun 3. doi:10.1186/s12939-020-01199-z
- Jiwani SS, Amouzou A, Carvajal L, et al. Timing and Number of Antenatal Care Contacts in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: Analysis in the Countdown to 2030 Priority Countries. Journal of Global Health 2020;10(1):010502. Available from: http://www.jogh.org/documents/issue202001/jogh-10-010502.pdf
- Jiwani SS, Carrillo-Larco RM, Hernández-vásquez A, et al. The shift of obesity burden by socioeconomic status between 1998 and 2017 in Latin America and the Caribbean : a cross-sectional series study. Lancet Global Health 2019;7(12):e1644–54. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S2214-109X(19)30421-8
- Amouzou A, Jiwani SS, da Silva ICM, et al. Closing the inequality gaps in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health coverage: slow and fast progressors. BMJ Global Health 2020;5:e002230.
Available from: https://gh.bmj.com/content/bmjgh/5/1/e002230.full.pdf
See all publications by Safia Jiwani