PhD, RWTH Aachen University, 2006
MSc, RWTH Aachen University, 2003
Research in my laboratory is focused on the understanding of molecular mechanisms that regulate the mitochondrial contribution to programmed cell death and inflammation signaling. Both processes are fundamental to a variety of diseases, including cancer, neurodegeneration and infectious diseases. In this context we are specifically interested in mitochondrial autophagy and interorganellar interactions, including with the endolysosomal compartment. We are applying a combination of fluorescence microscopy, molecular and cell biological, and biochemical approaches. Our studies aim at uncovering novel cell biological insights that can be exploited to combat diseases.
- Hamacher-Brady, A.* and Brady, N.R.* “Mitophagy Programs: mechanisms and physiological implications of mitochondrial targeting by autophagy.” Cell Mol Life Sci. 2016 Feb;73(4):775-95. doi: 10.1007/s00018-015-2087-8. Epub 2015 Nov 26. Review. *Communicating authors
- Hamacher-Brady, A.*, Brady, N.R.* “Bax/Bak-dependent, Drp1-independent targeting of XIAP into inner-mitochondrial compartments counteracts Smac-dependent effector caspase activation.” J Biol Chem. 2015 July 1. doi:10.1074/jbc.M115.643064 *Communicating authors
- Eling, N., Reuter, L., Hazin, J., Hamacher-Brady, A.*, and N.R. Brady* “Identification of artesunate as a specific activator of ferroptosis in pancreatic cancer cells.” Oncoscience. 2015 May 2 *Communicating authors
- Metz, P., Chiramel, A., Chatel-Chaix, L., Alvisi, G., Bankhead, P., Mora-Rodriguez, R., Long, G., Hamacher-Brady, A., Brady, N.R., and R. Bartenschlager “Dengue virus inhibition of autophagic flux and dependency of viral replication on proteasomal degradation of the autophagy receptor p62.” J Virol. 2015 May 27. pii: JVI.00787-15.
- Hamacher-Brady, A.*, Choe, S.C., Krijnse-Locker, J., and N.R. Brady* “Intra-mitochondrial recruitment of endolysosomes mediates Smac degradation and constitutes a novel intrinsic apoptosis antagonizing function of XIAP E3 ligase.” Cell Death Differ. 2014 Aug 1. *Communicating authors
See all publications by Anne Hamacher-Brady