PhD, RWTH Aachen University, 2006
MSc, RWTH Aachen University, 2003
Research in my laboratory is focused on the understanding of molecular mechanisms that regulate the mitochondrial contribution to programmed cell death and inflammation signaling. Both processes are fundamental to a variety of diseases, including cancer, neurodegeneration and infectious diseases. In this context we are specifically interested in mitochondrial autophagy and interorganellar interactions, including with the endolysosomal compartment. We are applying a combination of fluorescence microscopy, molecular and cell biological, and biochemical approaches. Our studies aim at uncovering novel cell biological insights that can be exploited to combat diseases.
- Wang T.S., Coppens I., Saorin A., Brady N.R. and A. Hamacher-Brady. “Endolysosomal targeting of mitochondria is integral to BAX-mediated mitochondrial permeabilization during apoptosis signaling.” Dev Cell. 2020 Jun 4:S1534-5807(20)30403-2. doi: 10.1016/j.devcel.2020.05.014
- Coelho C., Brown L.C., Maryam M., Vij R., Smith D.F., Burnet M.C., Kyle J.E., Heyman H.M., Ramirez J., Prados-Rosales R., Lauvau G., Nakayasu E., Brady N.R., Hamacher-Brady A., Coppens I. and Casadevall A. “Listeria monocytogenes virulence factors, including Listeriolysin O, are secreted in biologically active Extracellular Vesicles.” J Biol Chem. 2018 Nov 30. doi: 10.1074/jbc.RA118.006472
- Marin Zapata, P.A., Beese, C.J., Jünger, A., Dalmasso, G., Brady, N.R., and A. Hamacher-Brady. “Time course decomposition of cell heterogeneity in TFEB signaling states reveals homeostatic mechanisms restricting the magnitude and duration of TFEB responses to mTOR activity modulation.” BMC Cancer. 2016 Jun 7; 16:355.
- Hamacher-Brady, A. and Brady, N.R. “Mitophagy Programs: mechanisms and physiological implications of mitochondrial targeting by autophagy.” Cell Mol Life Sci. 2016 Feb;73(4):775-95. doi: 10.1007/s00018-015-2087-8. Epub 2015 Nov 26. Review.
- Hamacher-Brady, A., Choe, S.C., Krijnse-Locker, J., and N.R. Brady “Intra-mitochondrial recruitment of endolysosomes mediates Smac degradation and constitutes a novel intrinsic apoptosis antagonizing function of XIAP E3 ligase.” Cell Death Differ. 2014 Dec;21(12):1862-76.
See all publications by Anne Hamacher-Brady