DrPH, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, 2020
MPH, George Washington University, 2011
I am an implementation science researcher, global health practitioner, and graduate-level instructor with experience in a wide range of international settings. My core passions include promoting and conducting implementation research, incorporating intersectional and gender lenses into research and dissemination, institutional capacity strengthening, and knowledge translation for policy makers.
I currently serve as the Assistant Director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Global Health which services the entire University and seeks to promote interdisciplinarity in global health. My work and research aims to improve the capacity of academic institutions to support global health training across the continuum of education.
Current projects include:
1) Mapping, synthesizing, and disseminating lessons learned from polio eradication using an implementation science lens
2) Developing organizational strategies for academic institutions to conduct knowledge translation with policy makers
3) Assessing institutional capacity needs for National Public Health Institutes
4) Pilot testing implementation research competencies in LMICs
5) Developing a women's leadership in global health series, network, and training program
Honors and Awards
Excellence in Teaching, 2016-2017
Excellence in Teaching, 2017-2018
Excellence in Teaching, 2019-2020
Selected publications on global health training, mentorship, and interdisciplinary approaches
- Anna Kalbarczyk, Meagan Harrison, Maria Cecilia Dedios Sanguineti, Juddy Wachira, Carlos A. Faerron Guzman, Bhakti Hansoti. (2020). Practical and ethical solutions for applied learning experiences in global health. Annals of Global Health.
- Anna Kalbarczyk, Aditi Rao, Yodi Mahendradhata, Piyusha Majumdar, Ellie Decker, Humayra Binte Anwar, Oluwaseun Akinyemi, Ahmad Omid Rahimi, Patrick Kayembe, Olakunle O. Alonge. (2020). Evaluating the process of partnership and research in global health: reflections from the STRIPE project. BMC Public Health.
- Bhakti Hansoti, Anna Kalbarczyk, Mina C. Hosseinipour, Dorairaj Prabhakaran, Joseph D. Tucker, Jean Nachega, Lee Wallis, Jonathan K. Stiles, Adriane Wynn and Chelsea Morroni (2018). Global Health Mentoring Toolkits: A Scoping Review Relevant for Low- and Middle-Income Country Institutions. The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. Available at: https://www.ajtmh.org/content/journals/10.4269/ajtmh.18-0563
- Shailendra Prasad, Elizabeth Sopdie, David Meya, Anna Kalbarczyk and Patricia J. Garcia. (2018) Conceptual Framework of Mentoring in Low- and Middle-Income Countries to Advance Global Health. The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. Available at: https://www.ajtmh.org/content/journals/10.4269/ajtmh.18-0557
- Anna Kalbarczyk, Wendy Davis, Sam Kalibala, Scott Geibel, Aisha Yansaneh, Nina A. Martin, Ellen Weiss, Deanna Kerrigan, Yukari C. Manabe. (2019). Research capacity strengthening in Sub-Saharan Africa: Recognizing the importance of local partnerships in designing and disseminating HIV implementation science to reach the 90-90-90 goals. AIDS and Behavior. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10461-019-02538-0
See all publications by Anna Kalbarczyk