DrPH, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2015
MPH, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2008
MD, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, 2006
MBBS, Madras Medical College, 2002
Dr. Diwakar Mohan is a public health physician and health systems epidemiologist working in LMIC settings since 2003. He completed his MPH and DrPH from the Department of International Health at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. As an expert in health systems epidemiology and evaluation methods, he specializes in measurement across various public health programs including developing frameworks and metrics, utilizing new tools and modalities to collect data, focusing on the intersection of digital technologies and data for strategic decision making. His interests lie in the application of epidemiological and statistical methods, including machine learning, to support evaluation and implementation research of health programs in LMIC settings.
- Mohan D, Bashingwa JJH, Dane P, Chamberlain S, Tiffin N, Lefevre A. Use of Big Data and Machine Learning Methods in the Monitoring and Evaluation of Digital Health Programs in India: An Exploratory Protocol. JMIR Res Protoc. 2019 May 24;8(5):e11456. doi: 10.2196/11456. PMID: 31127716; PMCID: PMC6555122.
- Niessen LW, Mohan D, Akuoku JK, Mirelman AJ, Ahmed S, Koehlmoos TP, et al. Tackling socioeconomic inequalities and non-communicable diseases in low-income and middle-income countries under the Sustainable Development agenda. Lancet. 2018;391(10134):2036-46.
- LeFevre AE, Dane P, Copley CJ, Pienaar C, Parsons AN, Engelhard M, Woods D, Bekker M, Benjamin P, Pillay Y, Barron P, Seebregts CJ, Mohan D. Unpacking the performance of a mobile health information messaging program for mothers (MomConnect) in South Africa: evidence on program reach and messaging exposure. BMJ Glob Health. 2018 Apr 24;3(Suppl 2):e000583. doi: 10.1136/bmjgh-2017-000583. PMID: 29713510; PMCID: PMC5922477.
- Evans CL, Bazant E, Atukunda I, Williams E, Niermeyer S, Hiner C, Zahn R, Namugerwa R, Mbonye A, Mohan D. Peer-assisted learning after onsite, low-dose, high-frequency training and practice on simulators to prevent and treat postpartum hemorrhage and neonatal asphyxia: A pragmatic trial in 12 districts in Uganda. PLoS One. 2018 Dec 17;13(12):e0207909. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0207909. PMID: 30557350; PMCID: PMC6296740.
- Grenier L, Suhowatsky S, Kabue MM, Noguchi LM, Mohan D, Karnad SR, Onguti B, Omanga E, Gichangi A, Wambua J, Waka C, Oyetunji J, Smith JM. Impact of group antenatal care (G-ANC) versus individual antenatal care (ANC) on quality of care, ANC attendance and facility-based delivery: A pragmatic cluster-randomized controlled trial in Kenya and Nigeria. PLoS One. 2019 Oct 2;14(10):e0222177. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0222177. PMID: 31577797; PMCID: PMC6774470.
See all publications by Diwakar Mohan