PhD, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2014
MS, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 2006
Broadly, my research interests center around the application and evaluation of mobile health (mHealth) technologies to strengthen health systems and generate demand for health services in lower income countries, with a particular focus on immunization delivery and non communicable disease surveillance.
Honors and Awards
Kenyan National mHealth and eHealth Research Working Group (2012-present)
mHealth Summitt Scholarship Award, Johns Hopkins Global mHealth Initiative (2012 and 2013)
Finalist for iMedical Apps and Medicine 2.0 mHealth Research Award (2012)
Global Health Field Research Award, Johns Hopkins University (2012)
Lipitz Public Health Policy Award, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (2012)
Clements-Mann Fellowship, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, (2011)
- Gibson DG, Ochieng B, Kagucia EW, Were J, Hayford K, Moulton LH, Levine O, Odhiambo F, O'Brien KL, Feikin DR. Mobile Phone Delivered Reminders And Incentives To Improve Childhood Immunisation Coverage And Timeliness In Kenya (M-SIMU): a Cluster Randomised Controlled Trial. Lancet Global Health. 2017; 5(4):e428-38. PMID: 28288747
- Gibson DG, Pereira A, Farrenkopf BA, Labrique AB, Pariyo GW, Hyder AA. Mobile Phone Surveys for Collecting Population-Level Estimates in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: A Literature Review. J Med Internet Res 2017;19:e139. PMID: 28476725
- Gibson DG, Pariyo GW, Wosu AC, Greenleaf AR, Ali J, Ahmed S, et al. Evaluation of Mechanisms to Improve Performance of Mobile Phone Surveys in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: Research Protocol. JMIR Res Protoc 2017;6:e81. PMID: 28476729
- Gibson DG, Ochieng B, Kagucia E, Obor D, Odhiambo F, O'Brien KL, Feikin DR. Individual level determinants for not receiving immunization, receiving immunization with delay, and being severely underimmunized among rural western Kenyan children. Vaccine. 2015; 33(48):6778-6785. PMID:26482146
- Hammitt L, Kazungu S, Morpeth SC, Mwarumba S, Bett, A, Gibson DG, Brent A, Akech DO, Murdoch DR, Nokes DJ, Scott AG. A preliminary study of pneumonia etiology among hospitalized children in Kenya. CID PERCH supplemental issue. 2012; Apr;54 Suppl 2:S190-9. PMID: 22403235.
See all publications by Dustin Gibson