PhD, University of North Carolina Gillings School of Public Health, 2015
MPH, Emory University Rollins School of Public Health, 2006
BA, University of Dayton, 2005
BS, University of Dayton, 2005
Dr. Lesko's research interests include: describing and improving clinical outcomes for persons with HIV living in the United States, particularly as they relate to mental health, alcohol use and substance use; monitoring and improving progress through the HIV care continuum; and the application and development of epidemiologic methods and theory for estimating policy- and patient-relevant health effects from observational data.
Honors and Awards
2015 Delta Omega Honorary Society in the Public Health Theta Chapter
2015 CROI Young Investigator Scholarship
2015 Cornoni-Huntley Scholarship
- Lesko CR, Keil AP, Moore RD, Chander G, Fojo AT, Lau B. Measurement of current substance use in a cohort of HIV-infected persons in continuity HIV care, 2007-2015. Am J Epidemiol. In press.
- Lesko CR, Todd JV, Cole SR, Edmonds A, Pence BW, Edwards JK, Mack WJ, Bacchetti P, Rubtsova A, Gange SJ, Adimora AA, for the WIHS Investigators. Mortality under plausible interventions on antiretroviral treatment and depression in HIV-infected adults: an application of the parametric g-formula. Annals of Epidemiol, 2017; 27(12): 783-789.
- Lesko CR, Edwards JK, Moore RD, Lau B. A longitudinal, HIV care continuum: 10-year restricted mean time in each care continuum stage after enrollment in care, by history of injection drug use. AIDS, 2016; 30(14): 2227-2234.
- Lesko CR, Cole SR, Zinski A, Poole C, Mugavero MJ. A systematic review and meta-regression of temporal trends in adult CD4+ cell count at presentation to HIV care, 1992-2011 (with Discussion). Clin Infect Dis, 2013; 57(7): 1027-1037.
- Hutton H , Lesko CR, Chander G, Lau B, Wand GS, McCaul ME. Differential effects of perceived stress on alcohol consumption in moderate versus heavy drinking HIV-infected women. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 2017; 178: 380-385.
See all publications by Catherine R. Lesko