PhD, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2012
MPH, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2008
DVM, University of California, Davis, 2000
As a molecular epidemiologist and an environmental microbiologist, I study the interface of bacteria and hosts to reduce microbe-mediated disease in humans and animals. My work applies the principles of one health and microbial ecology, evaluating target microbes and bacterial genes specifically and the larger microbial community (microbiome) broadly. I also evaluate non-infection outcomes, specifically asthma, from exposure to bacterial agents and their toxic products. Designing and testing interventions to combat the rise of bacterial antimicrobial resistance and both infection and non-infection outcomes related to microbial exposures in a one health context is the goal of my research career.
Honors and Awards
Phi Beta Kappa, 1996
Delta Omega, 2008
Cornelius W. Kruse Award in Environmental Health, 2010
Faculty Innovation Fund award, 2015
Johns Hopkins SPH Student Assembly AMTRA Award, 2017
- Davis MF, Iverson SA, Baron P, Vasse A, Silbergeld EK, and Lautenbach EB, Morris DO. The role of the household in transmission of meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and other staphylococci. The Lancet Infectious Diseases 2012, 12(9):703-716.
- Davis MF, Rankin SC, Schurer JM, Cole S, Conti L, and Rabinowitz P for the COHERE Expert Review Group [Gregory Gray, Laura Kahn, Catharine Machalaba, Jonna Mazet, Marguerite Pappaioanou, Jan Sargeant, Andrew Thompson, Scott Weese, Jakob Zinnstag]. Checklist for One Health Epidemiological Reporting of Evidence (COHERE). One Health 2017, 4:14-21.
- Davis MF, Ludwig S, Brigham EP, McCormack MC, and Matsui EC. Effect of home exposure to Staphylococcus aureus on asthma in adolescents. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2018, 141(1):402-405.
- Davis MF, Peng RD, and McCormack MC, Matsui EM. Staphylococcus aureus colonization is associated with wheeze and asthma among U.S. children and young adults. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2015, 135(3): 811-813.
- Davis MF, Pisanic N, Rhodes SM, Brown A, Keller H, Nadimpalli M, Christ A, Ludwig S, Ordak C, Spicer K, Love DC, Larsen J, Wright A, Blacklin S, Flowers B, Stewart J, Sexton KG, Rule AM, and Heaney CD. Occurrence of Staphylococcus aureus in swine and swine workplace environments on industrial and antibiotic-free hog operations in North Carolina, USA: A One Health pilot study. Environmental Research 2018, 163:88-96.
See all publications by Meghan Frost Davis