PhD, The George Washington University, 2005
I have over 15 years of experience conducting empirical research in the area of developing, implementing and evaluating workplace health promotion programs. My research examines issues related to the health and productivity cost burden of certain health risk factors and common disease conditions, and the impact that innovative health, safety and productivity management programs have on medical, safety and productivity-related outcomes such as diet/nutrition, obesity, physical activity, stress management, smoking, absenteeism and presenteeism.
My expertise also includes developing methodologies and survey instruments for conducting structure and process evaluation of workplace health promotion programs, as well as conducting instrument validation studies.
My research goals include evaluating, implementing and disseminating best and promising practices for worksite wellness, defining and establishing benchmarks on what “comprehensive health promotion” means, especially for small employers, and connecting my experiences to target populations outside of the workforce such as communities, Medicare, and children to promote a culture of health.
- Kent, K. B., Goetzel, R. Z., Roemer, E. C., Prasad, A., Freundlich, N. (2016, February). Promoting
healthy workplaces by building cultures of health and applying strategic communications. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 58(2):114-122.
- Roemer, E. C., Kent, K. B., Samoly, D. K., Gaydos, L., Smith, K. J., Agarwal, A., Matson Koffman, D., & Goetzel, R. Z. (2013). Reliability and Validity Testing of The CDC Worksite HealthScoreCard: An Assessment Tool for Employers to Prevent Heart Disease, Stroke, & Related Health Conditions. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 55(5):520-526. DOI: 10.1097/JOM.0b013e31828349a7
- Goetzel, R. Z., Tabrizi, M. J., Roemer, E. C., Smith, K. J., & Kent, K. (2013). A Recent Review of Organizational Health Assessments. The Art of Health Promotion ideas for improving health outcomes. American Journal of Health Promotion, 27(5); TAHP-2-TAHP-4. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4278/ajhp.27.5.tahp
- Goetzel, R. Z., Roemer, E. C., Pei, X., Short, M. E., Wilson, M. G., DeJoy, D. M., Braun, B. A., Tully, K. J., & Baase, C. M. (2010). Second-Year Results of an Obesity Prevention Program at The Dow Chemical Company. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 52(3):291-302. PMID: 20190646
- Goetzel, R. Z. Roemer, E. C., Short, M. E., Pei, X., Tabrizi, M. J., Liss-Levinson, R. C., Samoly, D. K., Luisi, D., Quitoni, K., Dumanovsky, T., Silver, L. D., & Ozminkowski, R. J. (2009). Health Improvement from a Worksite Health Promotion Private-Public Partnership. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 51(3): 296-304. PMID: 19225415
See all publications by Enid Chung Roemer