PhD, University of Waterloo, 2010
Ryan David Kennedy is a tobacco control researcher interested in policy development, implementation, and evaluation.
Ryan was a Research Fellow (2010-2011) and Research Associate (2011-2012) at the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) in the department of Social and Behavioral Sciences. He worked on a study examining tobacco product design and opportunities for product regulation under the 2009 Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. Between 2012 and 2013 Ryan worked at the Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center in the Community Health Innovation and Research Program (CHIRP), supporting translational science efforts across Harvard.
During his graduate studies, Ryan worked with Dr. Geoffrey T. Fong and other investigators with the International Tobacco Control Policy Evaluation Project (ITC) at the University of Waterloo. Ryan worked on the longitudinal cohort study in France.
Ryan holds BES and MAES degrees from the Faculty of Environment at the University of Waterloo.
- Kennedy RD, Awopegba A, De León E, Cohen JE. Global approaches to regulating electronic cigarettes. Tobacco Control. 2016 Nov 30:tobaccocontrol-2016.
- Kennedy RD, Ellens-Clark S, Nagge L, Douglas O, Madill C, Kaufman P. A smoke-free community housing policy: changes in reported smoking behaviour—findings from Waterloo region, Canada. Journal of Community Health. 2015 Dec 1;40(6):1207-15.
- Kennedy RD, Spafford MM, Behm I, Hammond D, Fong GT, Borland R. Positive impact of Australian ‘blindness’ tobacco warning labels: findings from the ITC four country survey. Clinical and Experimental Optometry. 2012 Nov 1;95(6):590-8.
- Kennedy RD, Behm I, Craig L, Thompson ME, Fong GT, Guignard R, Beck F. Outdoor smoking behaviour and support for outdoor smoking restrictions before and after France's national smoking ban. The European Journal of Public Health. 2012 Feb 1;22(suppl 1):29-34.
- Kennedy RD, Elton-Marshall T, Mutti S, Dubray J, Fong GT. Understanding the impact of the Smoke-Free Ontario Act on hospitality establishments' outdoor environments: a survey of restaurants and bars. Tobacco Control. 2010 Apr 1;19(2):165-7.
See all publications by Ryan David Kennedy