MPH, HAW Hamburg, Germany, 2010
DTMPH, Charite University Medicine, 1999
MD, Free University Berlin, 1999
Dr. Ehrhardt's research interests include the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases, mainly in international settings, and mother-child health. Research methodology focuses on exploring evidence for clinical interventions, particularly clinical trials and comparative effectiveness research in both high- and low-income countries. In addition, chronic diseases in low-income countries (for example mental health) and the links between infectious and chronic diseases are of great interest. Here, observational study designs are used for the investigation of exposure-disease associations.
Dr. Ehrhardt serves as the Director of the Clinical Trials and Evidence Synthesis track of the Department of Epidemiology, whose faculty, staff and students are involved in extensive teaching and methodologic research related to clinical trials and the synthesis of evidence in healthcare and prevention.
Selected publications: *Student, staff, or junior faculty supervised or mentored
- Ehrhardt S, Appel LJ, Meinert CL. Trends in National Institutes of Health Funding for Clinical Trials Registered in ClinicalTrials.gov. JAMA. 2015 Dec 15;314(23):2566-7. doi: 10.1001/jama.2015.12206.
- Ervin AM, Taylor HA, Meinert CL, Ehrhardt S. RESEARCH ETHICS. Evidence gaps and ethical review of multicenter studies. Science. 2015 Nov 6;350(6261):632-3. doi: 10.1126/science.aac4872.
- Barthel D*, Barkmann C, Ehrhardt S, Schoppen S*, Bindt C; International CDS Study Group. Screening for depression in pregnant women from Côte d?Ivoire and Ghana: Psychometric properties of the Patient Health Questionnaire-9. J Affect Disord. 2015 Nov 15;187:232-40. doi: 10.1016/j.jad.2015.06.042.
- Thio CL, Guo N*, Xie C*, Nelson KE, Ehrhardt S. Global elimination of mother-to-child transmission of hepatitis B: revisiting the current strategy. Lancet Infect Dis. 2015 Aug;15(8):981-5. doi: 10.1016/S1473-3099(15)00158-9.
- Ehrhardt S, Xie C*, Guo N*, Nelson K, Thio CL. Breastfeeding while taking lamivudine or tenofovir disoproxil fumarate: a review of the evidence. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Jan 15;60(2):275-8. doi: 10.1093/cid/ciu798.
See all publications by Stephan Ehrhardt