PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2008
MS, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2004
BS, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1999
Occupational and environmental health
Water and health
Global climate change
Community-based participatory research
Honors and Awards
W.K. Kellogg Health Scholar - Community Track, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 2009-2011
Steve Wing International Academic Environmental Justice Award
Sigma Xi International Scientific Research Honor Society
*=student trainee †=corresponding author
- Randad PR*, Larsen J, Kaya H, Pisanic N, Ordak C, Price LB, Aziz M, Nadimpalli ML, Rhodes S, Stewart JR, Love DC, Mohr D, Davis MF, Miller LS, Hall D, Carroll KC, Perl TM, and Heaney CD. Transmission of antimicrobial-resistant Staphylococcus aureus clonal complex 9 between pigs and humans, United States. Emerging Infectious Diseases. 27(3). March 1, 2021. DOI: 10.3201/eid2703.191775
- Pisanic N, Randad PR*, Kruczynski K, Manabe YC, Thomas D, Pekosz A, Klein S, Betenbaugh MJ, Clarke WA, Laeyendecker O, Caturegli PP, Larman HB, Detrick B, Fairley JK, Sherman AC, Rouphael N, Edupuganti S, Granger DA, Granger SW, Collins M, Heaney CD†. COVID-19 serology at population scale: SARS-CoV-2-specific antibody responses in saliva. J. Clin. Microbiol. https://doi.org/10.1128/JCM.02204-20. December 16, 2020. PMID: 33067270.
- Lambrou AS*, Luitel H, Bhattarai RK, Basnet HB, Heaney CD. Informing influenza pandemic preparedness using commercial poultry farmer knowledge, attitudes and practices (KAP) surrounding biosecurity and self-reported avian influenza outbreaks in Nepal. One Health. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.onehlt.2020.100189. October 23, 2020. PMID: 33392279.
- Randad PR*, Dillen CA, Ortines RO, Mohr D., Aziz M., Price LB, Kaya H, Larsen J, Carroll KC, Smith TC, Miller LS, Heaney CD. Comparison of livestock-associated and community-associated Staphylococcus aureus pathogenicity in a mouse model of skin and soft tissue infection. Scientific Reports. 9:6774. 2019. ?PMID: 31043631. PMCID: PMC6494861.
- Attreed S*, Navas-Acien A, Heaney CD†. Arsenic and immune response to infection during pregnancy and early life. Current Environmental Health Reports. 2017. Doi: 10.1007/s40572-017-0141-4
See all publications by Christopher D. Heaney