MD, NYU School of Medicine
PhD, New York University
Dr. Berger's research and educational efforts center on uncertainty and shared decision making - bridging evidence, ethics, and preferences.
He maintains an active practice as a primary care - internal medicine physician, and teaches with residents and medical students.
- Boss EF, Mehta N, Nagarajan N, Links A, Benke JR, Berger Z, Espinel A, Meier J, Lipstein EA. Shared Decision Making and Choice for Elective Surgical Care: A Systematic Review. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2016 Mar;154(3):405-20.
- Bridges JFP, Berger Z, Austin M, Nassery N, Sharma R, Chelladurai Y, Karmarkar TD, Segal JB. Public Reporting of Cost Measures in Health: An Environmental Scan of Current Practices and Assessment of Consumer Centeredness [Internet]. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); 2015 Mar.
Available from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK279761/
- Lee JL, DeCamp M, Dredze M, Chisolm MS, Berger ZD. What are health-related users tweeting? A qualitative content analysis of health-related users and their messages on twitter. J Med Internet Res. 2014 Oct 15;16(10):e237. doi:
10.2196/jmir.3765. PubMed PMID: 25591063; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4296104.
- Berger Z. Navigating the unknown: shared decision-making in the face of uncertainty. J Gen Intern Med. 2015 May;30(5):675-8. doi: 10.1007/s11606-014-3074-8.
- Berger Z, Dembitzer A, Beach MC. Reason for hospital admission: a pilot study comparing patient statements with chart reports. Narrat Inq Bioeth. 2013Spring;3(1):67-79.
See all publications by Zackary D. Berger