MSc, University of London, 2015
PhD, University of Edinburgh, 2004
MSc, University of Kwa-Zulo Natal , 2000
I am a Statistician and my research focuses on International Public Health. My statistical methods of interest are clustered data analysis, high-dimensional data (small n, large predictor sets) analysis, structural equation models and Bayesian methods. My current work involves the design and analysis of cluster-randomized trials, evaluating new diagnostic tests, national health systems evaluations and collaborating with scientists in the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions in the design and analysis of clinical studies. The research areas I work in include TB case finding and diagnostic techniques, HIV/AIDS, Human Nutrition, Women’s Reproductive Health, and Maternal and Child Health. The countries in which I have done or continue to do collaborative work include India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Ethiopia, South Africa, Malawi, Brazil, and Peru.
- Bareng A.S. Nonyane, Narjis Kazmi, Alain K. Koffi, Nazma Begum, Salahuddin Ahmed, Abdullah H. Baqui, Henry D. Kalter. Factors associated with delay in care-seeking for fatal neonatal illness in the Sylhet district of Bangladesh: Results from a verbal and social autopsy study, Journal of Global Health 2016 Jun;6(1):010605. doi: 10.7189/jogh.06.010605.
- Agwu AL, Fleishman J, Mahiane, S.G., Nonyane, B.A.S. , Althoff KN, Yehia BR, Berry SA,Rutstein R, Nijhawan A, Keruly J, Moore RD, and Gebo KA for the HIV Research Network. Comparing longitudinal CD4 responses to cART among non-perinatally HIV-infected youth versus adults: results from the HIVRN Cohort(2017) PLOS ONE 12(2): e0171125. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0171125
- Lydia Nakiyingi, Bareng A.S. Nonyane, Willy Sengooba, Bruce Kirenga, Damalie Nakanjako, Gloria Lubega, Moses L. Joloba, Jerry Ellner, Susan Dorman, Harriet Mayanja-Kizza, Yukari C. Manabe (2015) Predictors for MTB culture-positivity among HIV-infected smear-negative presumptive tuberculosis patients in Uganda: application of new tuberculosis diagnostic technology. PlosOne 10 (7) PMID: 26222142 PMCID: PMC4519276
- Bareng A. S. Nonyane, Ashish KC, Jennifer A. Callaghan-Koru, Tanya Guenther, Debora Sitrin, Uzma Syed Yasho V. Pradhan, Neena Khadka, Rashed Shah, Abdullah H. Baqui (2015) Equity improvements in maternal and newborn care indicators: results from the Bardiya district of Nepal. Health Policy and Planning 31 (4), 405-414.
- Nonyane B. A. S. and Whittaker J.C. (2010) A variance components factor model for genetic association studies: A Bayesian analysis. Genet. Epidemiology 34: 529–536, 2010
See all publications by Bareng Aletta Sanny Nonyane