MSc, University of London, 2015
PhD, University of Edinburgh, 2004
MSc, University of Kwa-Zulo Natal , 2000
BSc, University of KwaZulu-Natal, 1999
BSc, University of KwaZulu-Natal, 1998
I am a statistician with expertise in analysis of clustered and longitudinal data, as well as analysis of high-dimensional (small n, large predictor sets) data. My current research involves designing and analyzing cluster-randomized trials, evaluating new diagnostic tests, national health systems evaluations and collaborating with scientists in the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions in the design and analysis of clinical studies. The research areas I work in include TB case finding and TB diagnostic techniques, HIV/AIDS outcomes and improving linkage to care, and newborn outcomes. The countries in which I have done or continue to do collaborative work include India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Ethiopia, South Africa, Malawi, Brazil, and Peru.
- Nonyane BAS, Chimbalanga E. Efforts to alter the trajectory of neonatal mortality in Malawi: evaluating relative effects of access to maternal care services and birth history risk factors. Journal of Global Health, In Press 2018
- Agwu AL, Fleishman J, Mahiane, S.G., Nonyane, B.A.S. , Althoff KN, Yehia BR, Berry SA,Rutstein R, Nijhawan A, Keruly J, Moore RD, and Gebo KA for the HIV Research Network. Comparing longitudinal CD4 responses to cART among non-perinatally HIV-infected youth versus adults: results from the HIVRN Cohort(2017) PLOS ONE 12(2): e0171125. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0171125
- Lydia Nakiyingi, Bareng A.S. Nonyane, Willy Sengooba, Bruce Kirenga, Damalie Nakanjako, Gloria Lubega, Moses L. Joloba, Jerry Ellner, Susan Dorman, Harriet Mayanja-Kizza, Yukari C. Manabe (2015) Predictors for MTB culture-positivity among HIV-infected smear-negative presumptive tuberculosis patients in Uganda: application of new tuberculosis diagnostic technology. PlosOne 10 (7) PMID: 26222142 PMCID: PMC4519276
- Nonyane BAS, Nicol MP, Andreas NJ, Rimmele S, Schneiderhan-Marra N, Workman LJ, Perkins MD, Joos T, Broger T, Ellner JJ, Alland D, Kampmann B, Dorman SE, Zar HJ. Serologic Responses in Childhood Pulmonary Tuberculosis. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 2018; 37(1):1-9; PMID: 28719497.
- Nonyane B. A. S. and Whittaker J.C. (2010) A variance components factor model for genetic association studies: A Bayesian analysis. Genet. Epidemiology 34: 529–536, 2010
See all publications by Bareng Aletta Sanny Nonyane