MA, West Chester University, 1997
BS, Drexel University, 1990
GIS and spatial science applications in public health.
- Shields TM, Pinchof J, Lubinda J, Hamapumbu H, Searle K, Kobayashi T, Thuma PE, Moss WJ, Curriero FC. Spatial and temporal changes in household structure locations using high-resolution satellite imagery for population assessment: an analysis of household locations in southern Zambia between 2006 and 2011. Geospatial Health, InPress.
- Shields WC, Shields TM, McDonald EM, Perry EC, Hanna P, Gielen AC. Utilizing GIS Technology to Improve Fire Prevention Activities in an Urban Fire Department. Journal of Burn Care & Research 2014 Sep 2.
- Moss WJ, Hamapumbu H, Kobayashi T,Shields TM, Kamanga A, Clennon J, Mharakurwa S, Thuma PE, Glass GE. Use of remote sensing to identify spatial risk factors for malaria in a region of declining transmission: a cross-sectional and longitudinal community survey. Malaria Journal 2011, 10:163.
- Haque U, Sunahara T, Hashizume M, Shields T, Yamamoto T, Haque R, Glass GE. Malaria prevalence, risk factors and spatial distribution in a hilly forest area of Bangladesh. PLoS One. 2011 Apr 21;6(4):e18908.
- Glass GE, Shields T, Cai B, Yates TL, Parmenter R. Persistently highest risk areas for hantavirus pulmonary syndrome: potential sites for refugia. Ecol Appl. 2007 Jan;17(1):129-39.
See all publications by Timothy M. Shields