PhD, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2008
MHS, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2006
MS, Harvard School of Public Health, 2003
MS, National Yang-Ming University, 1997
BS, National Taiwan University, 1995
Risk adjustment and its applications
Overuse measurements and their applications
Outcome evaluation and cost-effectiveness analysis
Honors and Awards
Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, 2009-Present
Taiwan Merits Scholarships, 2005–2008
Rotary Foundation Academic-Year Ambassadorial Scholar, 2001–2002
Selected publications from the last two years.
- Chang HY, Murimi I, Mark F, et al. Impact of prescription drug monitoring programs and pill mill laws on high-risk patients. (Accepted: Feb 2018 Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf)
- Chang HY, Murimi I, Jones C, Alexander GC. Relationship Between High-Risk Patients Receiving Prescription Opioids and High-Volume Opioid Prescribers. Addiction. 2018 Apr;113(5):677-686
- Chang HY, Richards TM, Shermock KM, et al. Evaluating the Impact of Prescription Fill Rates on Risk Stratification Model Performance. Med Care. 2017 Dec;55(12):1052-1060.
- Chang HY, Boyd C, Leff B, et al. Identifying Consistent High-Cost Users in Health Plans: Characterization and Comparison of Alternative Prediction Models. Med Care. 2016 Sep;54(9):852-859.
- Chang HY, Zhou M, Tang W, et al. Risk of gastrointestinal bleedings associated with oral anticoagulants – a population-based retrospective cohort study. BMJ. 2015;350:h1585.
See all publications by Hsien-Yen Chang