MAIA, Ohio Unviersity, 1992
BA, Saint Olaf College, 1985
Anne's research interests include how changes in food environments impact food choices, using regional food supply chains to serve low income areas, to bringing sustainable food production to underserved populations, the impact of food deserts on communities, and conducting community food assessments with Baltimore-based non profits and community organizations. She helped create the Maryland Food System mapping resource, a GIS database that maps diverse layers of the food system.
Surkan, P. Tabrizi, M, Lee, R., Palmer, A. Frick, K. Eat Right–Live Well! Supermarket Intervention Impact on Sales of Healthy Foods in a Low-Income Neighborhood, Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, October 2015.
- Clayton, M. Frattaroli, S. Palmer, A. Pollack, K, The Role of Partnerships in U.S. Food Policy Council Policy Activities, PLOS ONE, April 2015.
- Zachary, D. Palmer, A. Beckham, S. and Surkan, P. A Framework for Understanding Grocery Purchasing in a Low-income Urban Environment, Qualitative Health Research, May 2013.
- Schreb, A. Palmer, A. Frattarolli, S. and Pollack, K. Exploring Food System Policy: A Survey of Food Policy Councils in the United States, Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems and Community Development, August 2012.
- Palmer, A.M. Using Policy to Influence School Food Environments, Childhood Obesity, August 2011.
- Santo, R. Yong, R. Palmer, A. Collaboration Meets Opportunity: The Baltimore Food Policy Initiative, Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems and Community Development, 2014.