MS, University of Maryland Baltimore County, 1999
Mr. Carlini serves as the Director of Informatics for the Major Extremity Trauma and Rehabilitation Consortium (METRC), a network of clinical sites and a data coordinating center to conduct multi-center clinical research on treatment and outcomes of orthopaedic trauma. Additionally, he serves as project director for several large clinical trials within METRC. Prior to METRC, Mr. Carlini contributed to several large studies of trauma and trauma systems, including the National Study on Costs and Outcomes of Trauma Care (NSCOT), the Military Extremity Trauma Amputation/Limb Salvage (METALS), and the Trauma Information Exchange Program (TIEP). He has extensive experience in coordinating projects and data-centered activities in a multi-institutional research setting.
Honors and Awards
Best Poster Presentation, 1999 EMS Today Conference (Denver, Colorado)
Best Qualitative Research, 1999 EMS Today Conference (Denver, Colorado)
Best Poster Award (METRC Bioburden Study), 2016 AAOS/OTA/SOMOS/ORS Extremity War Injuries XI
Best Poster Award (METRC OUTLET Study), 2018 AAOS/OTA/SOMOS/ORS Extremity War Injuries XIII
A selection highlighting the spectrum of trauma systems and clinical research from my background
- The Major Extremity Trauma Research Consortium (METRC). Building a clinical research network in trauma orthopaedics: The Major Extremity Trauma Research Consortium (METRC). J Orthop Trauma. 2016 July; 30(7): 353–361.
- Doukas WC, Hayda RA, Frisch HM, Andersen RC, Mazurek MT, Ficke JR, Keeling JJ, Pasquina PF, Wain HJ, Carlini AR, MacKenzie EJ. The Military Extremity Trauma Amputation/Limb Salvage (METALS) study: Outcomes of amputation versus limb salvage following major lower-extremity trauma. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 2013 Jan 16;95(2):138-145.
- Bradford AN, Castillo RC, Carlini AR, Wegener ST, Teter H, Mackenzie EJ. The Trauma Survivors Network: Survive. Connect. Rebuild. Journal of Trauma. 2011; 70 (6): 1557-60.
- McDonald EM, MacKenzie EJ, Teitelbaum SD, Carlini AR, Teter H Jr, Valenziano CP. Injury prevention activities in US trauma centres: Are we doing enough? Injury, Int. J. Care Injured. 2007; 38, 538-547
- MacKenzie EJ, Hoyt DB, Sacra JC, Jurkovich GJ, Carlini AR, Teitelbaum SD, Teter H Jr. National inventory of hospital trauma centers. JAMA. 2003; 289:1515-1522.
See all publications by Anthony R. Carlini