JD, University of Maryland
School of Law, 1996
BA, Johns Hopkins University, 1987
My primary interests related to the design and conduct of multi-center clinical research projects (primarily clinical trials) in a number of medical disciplines. I have special interests in data management methods and the application of IT tools to help make research more efficient. I also have experience in clinical and research work in pulmonary physiology and pulmonary function testing.
Selected publications from the past few years
- The Long-Term Oxygen Treatment Trial Research Group [includes Shade D]. A Randomized Trial of Long-Term Oxygen for COPD with Moderate Desaturation. N Engl J Med. 2016;375(17):1617-27.
- Porsteinsson AP, Drye LT, Pollock BG, Devanand DP, Frangakis CF, Ismail Z, Marano C, Meinert CL, Mintzer JE, Munro CA, Pelton D, Rabins PV, Rosenberg PB, Schneider LS, Shade DM, Weintraub W, Yesavage J, Lyketsos CG; the CitAD Research Group. Effect of citalopram on agitation in Alzheimer's disease - The CitAD randomized
controlled trial. JAMA. 2014 Feb 19;311(7):682-9.
- American Lung Association Asthma Clinical Research Centers (includes Shade D). Efficacy of esomeprazole for treatment of poorly controlled asthma. N Engl J Med. 2009;360:1487-99.
- Kaminsky DA, Wang LL, Bates JH, Thamrin C, Shade DM, Dixon AE, Wise RA, Peters S, Irvin CG. Fluctuation Analysis of Peak Expiratory Flow and its Association with Treatment Failure in Asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2016;195(8):993-999.
- Hacker ML, Tonascia J, Turchan M, Currie A, Heusinkveld L, Konrad PE, Davis TL, Neimat JS, Phibbs FT, Hedera P, Wang L, Shi Y, Shade DM, Sternberg AL, Drye LT, Charles D. Deep brain stimulation may reduce the relative risk of clinically important worsening in early stage Parkinson's disease. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2015 Oct;21(10):1177-83.
See all publications by David M. Shade