PhD, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 2014
MHS, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2007
BS, Washington College, 2002
Honors and Awards
Person in Training Award from the Health Sciences Section of the Gerontological Society of America, 2011.
The five publications listed below represent the work that I have been involved with over the last 5 years. This includes (1) a cluster randomized trial of Guided Care, a coordinated care intervention targeted to improve care for high risk multi-morbid older adults; (2) the Major Extremity Trauma Research Consortium which aims to improve treatment and outcomes of severely injured service members and civilians through multi center research; and (3) work that I did in collaboration with investigators in the Department of Gerontology at the University of Maryland focused on relationships between muscle, bone and function in older adults.
- Reider L, Beck TJ, Alley D, Miller R, Shardell M, Schumacher J, Magaziner J, Cawthon P, Barbour K, Harris T. Evaluating the Relationship between Muscle and Bone Modeling Response in Older Adults. 2015 (In Review).
- Manson T, Reider L, O’Toole RV, Scharfstein DO, Tornetta III P, Gary JL. Variation in Treatment of Displaced Geriatric Acetabular Fractures Among 15 Level I Trauma Centers. Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 2015 (In Press).
- METRC Investigators. Building a Clinical Research Network for Orthopaedic Trauma: The Major Extremity Trauma Research Consortium (METRC). Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 2015 (In Review).
- Boult C, Leff B, Boyd CM, Wolff JL, Marsteller JA, Frick KD, Wegener S, Reider, L, Frey K, Mroz TM, Karm L, Scharfstine, DO (2013). A matched cluster-randomized trial of guided care for high risk older patients. J Gen Intern Med. 28(5):612-21.
- Reider L, Hawkes W, Hebel JR, D’Adamo C, Magaziner J, Miller R, Orwig D, Alley DE. (2013). The association between body mass index, weight loss and physical function in the year following a hip fracture. J Nutr Health Aging. 17(1):91-5.