Evidence-based research to better understand and prevent suicidal behavior. I am particularly interested in establishing priorities for which areas future research and prevention should be directed.
Areas of research:
- Suicide in older adults
- Impact by suicide bereavement or exposure to suicidal behaviour
- Assessment of treatment for people at risk of suicide,
- Restriction of means for suicide
- The financial recession and its impact on suicidal behavior
- Register-based research on mental health and suicidal behavior
Honors and Awards
The Alexander Gralnick Award. American Association for Suicididology (2014).
Nordentoft Award.Danish Association for Education and Prevention of Suicide (2014).
Mens Health Award by the Danish National Board of Health (2006).
Young Researcher Lecture Award at the 9th European Symposium on Suicide and Suicidal Behaviour (2002).
Blue Ribbon Award Winner at the Population Association of America's annual meeting (2002, 2003, 2005)