The R3 Center for Innovation in Science Education (R3ISE)
The R3 Center for Innovation in Science Education (R3ISE) produces innovative graduate-level programs, workshops and resources that emphasize the "3 R's" of open science and good research practice: Rigor, Responsibility and Reproducibility. We strive to bring more critical thinking, interdisciplinary collaboration, effective communication and practical ethics considerations into graduate student training in biomedicine, health, engineering, and technology.
We strive to educate leaders in the public health and biomedical workforce, who are:
- Open-minded, broadly thinking and self-directed practitioners, communicators, and educators
- Skilled in scientific reasoning and methodology across the disciplines
- Creative in complex problem solving
- Versed in critical reflection on a wide range of science topics
- Role models in academia, industry, community outreach, scientific public service, health policy, government- and non-government organizations, science communication, and public heath practice.
- Outstanding mentors and change agents in their workplaces and communities, dedicated to good scientific practice.