Year entered: 2018
Certification by the Iranian Board of Psychiatry; Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences; 2004
Advisor: Ramin Mojtabai, MD
Research interests: Psychiatric epidemiology, substance use disorders, epidemiology and service research.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mamines1@jhmi.edu
Scopus link: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=34876281500
Google scholar link: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=i2WrhKsAAAAJ&hl=en
Year entered: 2018
PhD, Health Policy and Management; Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health; 2018
MS, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Harvard School of Public Health; 2011
BA, Public Health; University of California Berkeley; 2007
Advisor: Elizabeth Stuart, PhD
Research interests: Policy analysis with a focus on the health and well-being of vulnerable populations, including individuals with criminal justice involvement, mental illness, and substance use disorder; Policy communication, message framing and public opinion.
- Bandara SN, Samples H, Crum, R, Saloner B. (2018) Is Screening and Intervention Associated with Treatment Receipt Among Individuals with Alcohol Use Disorder? Evidence from a National Survey. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. 92: 85-90.
- Bandara SN, Daumit GL, Kennedy-Hendricks A, Linden S, Choksy S, & McGinty EE. (2018) Mental Health Providers' Attitudes about Criminal Justice - Involved Clients with Serious Mental Illness. Psychiatric Services, 69(4), 472-475.
- Bandara SN, Huskamp HA, Riedel LE, McGinty EE, Webster DW, Toone RE, Barry CL. (2015) Leveraging the Affordable Care Act to Enroll Justice-Involved Populations in Medicaid: State and Local Efforts. Health Affairs, 34(12)2044-2051.
- Samples H, Bandara SN, Olfson, M, Saloner B. Tobacco Screening and Counseling for Smokers with Mental Health and Substance Use Problems in Health Care Settings. (2018) American Journal of Preventive Medicine. In Press.
- Saloner B, Bandara SN, Bachhuber M, & Barry CL. (2017). Insurance Coverage and Treatment Use Under the Affordable Care Act Among Adults with Mental and Substance Use Disorders. Psychiatric Services, 68(6)542-548.
- McGinty EE, Samples H, Bandara SN, Saloner B, Bachhuber M, Barry CL (2016). The emerging public discourse on state legalization of marijuana for recreational use in the US: Analysis of news media coverage, 2010-2014. Preventive Medicine. 90, 114-120.
- Saloner B, Bandara SN, McGinty EE, Barry CL. (2016) Justice-Involved Adults with Substance Use Disorders: Coverage Increased but Rate of Treatment Did Not in 2014. Health Affairs, 35 (6) 1058-1066.
- Riedel LE, Barry CL, McGinty EE, Bandara SN, Webster DW, Toone RE, Huskamp HA. (2016) Improving Health Care Linkages for Criminal Justice-Involved Persons: The Cook County Jail Medicaid Enrollment Initiative. Journal of Correctional Health Care, 22(2) 189-199.
Jennifer L. Glick
Year entered: 2017
PDF, Global Community Health and Behavioral Sciences; Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine; (Jan - July 2017)
PhD, Global Community Health and Behavioral Sciences; Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine; 2016
MPH, International Health and Development; Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine; 2006
BA, Anthropology and Holistic Health; New York University; New York University: Gallatin School of Individualized Study; 2001
Advisor: Susan Sherman, PhD
Research interests: I have a strong interest in the intersections of gender, sexuality, public health, and social justice. My recent work focuses on the measurement of gender identity and gender expression categories within the field of public health research, and the associations between discrimination and health care access among gender minorities. I am currently involved in research collaborations with global and domestic partners focusing on PrEP access and adherence among cis and trans women who sell sex and use drugs, HIV related vulnerabilities among high risk sexual minority women, HIV surveillance among high risk individuals, sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI) related measurement in domestic and global contexts, and LGBT competency among public health practitioners and improving the LGBT curriculum and climate in public health institutions.
- Glick, J; Theall, K; Andrinopolous, K; Kendall C. “Tiptoeing Around the System": Alternative Health Care Navigation Among Gender Minorities in New Orleans. Transgender Health. 2018. 3(1), 118-126.
- Glick, JL; Theall, K; Andrinopolous, K; Kendall, C. For Data’s Sake: Dilemmas in the Measurement of Gender Minorities. Culture, Health & Sexuality. 2018. 1-16.
- Glick, JL; Kendall, C; Andrinopolous, K; Theall, K. The Role of Discrimination in Care Postponement Among Trans-Feminine Individuals in the US National Transgender Discrimination Survey. LGBT Health. 2018.
- Talan, A; Drake. C; Glick, J; Claiborne, C; Seal, D. Sexual and Gender Minority Health Curricula and Institutional Support Services at US Schools of Public Health. Journal of Homosexuality- (special edition focusing on LGBT Clinical Competencies, Professional Training, and Ethical Care). 2017.
- Pinheiro Júnior, F. M. L., C. Kendall, T. A. Martins, R. M. S. Mota, R. H. M. Macena, J. Glick, F. Kerr-Correa, and L. Kerr. Risk factors associated with resistance to HIV testing among transwomen in Brazil. AIDS Care (2015).
M. Claire Greene
Year entered: 2018
PhD, Public Mental Health; Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health; 2018
MPH, Chronic Disease Epidemiology, Global Health Concentration; Yale School of Public Health; 2012
BS, Biology, Psychology Minor; Loyola Marymount University; 2010
Advisor: Wietse Tol, PhD
Research interests: Substance use and co-occurring violence and mental health in populations affected by humanitarian emergencies.
- Bergman BG, Greene MC, Hoeppner B, Kelly JF (In press). Expanding the reach of alcohol and other drug services: Prevalence and correlates of US adult engagement with online technology to address substance problems. Addictive Behaviors.
- Kelly J, Greene MC, Bergman B (In press). Beyond abstinence: Changes in indices of quality of life with time in recovery in a nationally representative sample of U.S. adults. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research.
- Augustinavicius J, Greene MC, Lakin D, Tol WA (In press). Monitoring and evaluation of mental health and psychosocial support programs in humanitarian settings: A scoping review of terminology and focus. Conflict and Health.
- Krawczyk N, Greene MC, Zorzanelli R, Bastos FI (In press). Rising trends of prescription opioid sales in contemporary Brazil, 2009-2015. American Journal of Public Health.
- Kelly JF, Greene MC, Bergman B (2018). Is recovery from cannabis use problems different from alcohol and other drugs? Results from a national probability-based sample of the United States adult population. International Journal of Drug Policy, 53: 55-64.
- Mills KA, Greene MC, Dezube R, Goodson C, Karmarkar T, Pontone GM (2017). Efficacy and tolerability of antidepressants in Parkinson’s disease: A systematic review and network meta-analysis. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 1-10.
- Greene MC, Jordans MJD, Kohrt B, Ventevogel P, Kirmayer LJ, Hassan G, Chiumento A, van Ommeren M, Tol WA (2017). Addressing culture and context in humanitarian response: Preparing desk reviews to inform mental health and psychosocial support. Conflict and Health,11:21.
- Greene MC, Kane JC, Tol WA (2017). Alcohol use and intimate partner violence among women and their partners in sub-Saharan Africa. Global Mental Health.
- Tol WA, Greene MC, Likindikoki S, Misinzo L, Ventevogel P, Bonz A, Bass JK, Mbwambo JKK (2017). An integrated intervention to reduce intimate partner violence and psychological distress with refugees in low-resource settings: study protocol for the Nguvu cluster randomized trial. BMC Psychiatry, 17(1): 186.
- Nemani K, Greene MC, Ulloa M, Vincenzi B, Copeland PM, Al-Khadari S, Henderson, DC (2017). Clozapine, diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular risk and mortality: Results of a 20-year naturalistic study in patients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder. Clinical Schizophrenia and Related Psychoses.
- Troya MI, Greene MC, Gesteira Santos C, Shultz JM (2016). Conducting a desk review to inform the mental health and psychosocial support in response to the 2016 Ecuador Earthquake. Disaster Health, 3(4): 90-101.
- Espinola M, Shultz JM, Espinel Z, Althouse BM, Cooper JL, Baingana F, Marcelin LH, Cela T, Towers S, Mazurik L, Greene MC, Beck A, Fredrickson M, McLean A, Rechkemmer A (2016). Fear-related Behaviors in Situations of Mass Threat. Disaster Health, 3(4): 102-111.
- Shultz JM, Althouse BM, Baingana F, Cooper JL, Espinola M, Greene MC, Espinel Z, McCoy CB, Mazurik L, Rechkemmer A (2016). Fear factor: The unseen perils of the Ebola outbreak. Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, 72(5): 304-310.
- Ng LC, Petruzzi L, Greene MC, Mueser KT, Borba CPC, Henderson DC (2016). Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Symptoms and Social and Occupational Functioning of People with Schizophrenia. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. 204(8): 590-598.
- Kane JC, Adaku A, Nakku J, Odokonyero R, Okello J, Musisi S, Augustinavicius J, Greene MC, Alderman S, Tol WA (2016). Challenges for the implementation of World Health Organization guidelines on treatment of mental health problems specifically related to stress: A qualitative study in Uganda. Implementation Science. 11:36.
- Kelly JF, Greene MC (2016). Recovery benefits of the “therapeutic alliance” among 12-step mutual-help organization attendees and their sponsors. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 162: 64-71.
- Kelly JF, Greene MC, Bergman BG, Hoeppner BB, Slaymaker V (2015). The Sponsor Alliance Inventory: Assessing the therapeutic bond between 12-step attendees and their sponsors. Alcohol and Alcoholism. 1-8.
- Schuman-Olivier Z, Greene MC, Bergman BG, Kelly JF (2014). Is residential treatment effective for opioid use disorders? A longitudinal comparison of treatment outcomes among opioid dependent, opioid misusing, and non-opioid using emerging adults with substance use disorder. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 144: 178-185.
- Greene MC, Kelly JF. (2014). The prevalence of cannabis withdrawal and its influence on adolescents’ treatment response and outcomes: A 12-month prospective investigation. Journal of Addiction Medicine, 8(5): 359-367.
- Kelly JF, Greene MC (2014). Where there’s a will there’s a way? An investigation of the interplay between recovery motivation and self-efficacy in predicting treatment outcome. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 28(3): 928-934.
- Kelly JF, Greene MC, Bergman BG (2014). Do drug dependent patients attending Alcoholics Anonymous rather than Narcotics Anonymous do as well? A prospective, lagged, matching analysis. Alcohol and Alcoholism, 49(6): 645-653.
- Kelly JF, Stout RL, Greene MC, Slaymaker V (2014). Young adults, social networks, and addiction recovery: post treatment changes in social ties and their role as a mediator of 12-step participation. PLOS One, 9(6).
- Watson JA, Greene MC, Kelly JF (2014). Outpatient alcohol and drug treatment for adolescents with co-occurring conduct disorder. Alcoholism Treatment Quarterly, 33(1):393-415.
- Kelly JF, Greene MC (2014). Toward an enhanced understanding of the psychological mechanisms by which spirituality aids recovery in Alcoholics Anonymous. Alcoholism Treatment Quarterly, 32(2-3):299-318.
- Bergman BG, Greene MC, Slaymaker V, Hoeppner BB, Kelly JF (2014). Young adults with co-occurring disorders: Substance use disorder treatment response and outcomes. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. 46: 420-428.
- Bergman BG, Greene MC, Hoeppner BB, Slaymaker V, Kelly JF (2014). Psychiatric comorbidity and 12-step participation: A longitudinal investigation of treated young adults. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. 38(2): 501-510.
- Kelly, JF, Greene MC (2014). Beyond motivation: Initial validation of the commitment to sobriety scale. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 46: 257-263.
- Yeterian JD, Greene MC, Bergman BG, Kelly JF (2013). Does mandated treatment benefit youth? A prospective investigation of adolescent justice-system involvement, treatment motivation, and substance use outcomes. Alcoholism Treatment Quarterly, 31(4): 431-449.
- Kelly JF, Greene MC (2013). The twelve promises of alcoholics anonymous: Psychometric validation and mediational testing as a 12-step specific mechanism of behavior change. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 133(2):633-640.
- Labbe AK, Greene MC, Bergman BG, Hoeppner BB, Kelly JF (2013). The importance of age composition of 12-step meetings as a moderating factor in the relation between young adults’ 12-step participation and abstinence. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 133(2): 541-547.
- Tol WA, Stavrou V, Greene MC, Mergenthaler C, van Ommeren M, Garcia-Moreno C (2013). Sexual and gender-based violence in areas of armed conflict: a systematic review of mental health and psychosocial support interventions. Conflict and Health, 7(16).
- Greene MC, Zhang J, Li J, Desai M, Kershaw T (2013) Mental health and social support among HIV-positive injection drug users and their caregivers in China. AIDS and Behavior, 17(5): 1775-84.
Wendy Marie Ingram
Year entered: 2017
PhD, Molecular and Cell Biology; University of California Berkeley; 2015
BS, Psychology; University of Arizona; 2008
BS, Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics; University of Arizona; 2008
Advisor: Peter Zandi, PhD
Research interests: I use clinical and bio-informatics to study Electronic Health Records and genomics to better understand mental illnesses, their treatments, and their outcomes. My work explores depression in three ways: 1) Emergency Department utilization, 2) likelihood of receiving concurrent narcotics and benzodiazepines, and 3) Electroconvulsive therapy.
- W.M. Ingram, C. Holingue, H. Wilcox, M.D. Fallin. “Looking to Make Lasting Change: Building a Mental Health Graduate Student Network”, The Public Health Chronicle. May (2018).
- K. Taraszka Hastings, D. Elizalde, L. Muppana, S. Levine, C.M. Kamel, W.M. Ingram, J. Nguyen, M.P. Rausch, A.L. Gallitano. “Nab2 maintains thymus cellularity with aging and stress”, Molecular Immunology. March 8 (2017).
- W.M. Ingram, L. M. Goodrich, E.A. Robey, M.B. Eisen. “Mice infected with low-virulence strains of Toxoplasma gondii lose their innate aversion to cat urine, even after extensive parasite clearance”, PLOS ONE. September 18 (2013).
- A. Williams, W.M. Ingram, S. Levine, J. Resnik, S. Janowski, C. Kamel, J. Lish, D. Elizalde, A. Kozlenkov, J. Gonzalez-Maeso and A. Gallitano. “Reduced levels of serotonin 2A receptors underlie resistance of Egr3-deficient mice to locomotor suppression by clozapine”, Neuropsychopharmachology. June 13 (2012).
- W.J. Anderson, L.O. Van Dorn, W.M. Ingram, and M.H.J. Cordes. “Evolutionary bridges to new protein folds: design of C-terminal Cro protein chameleon sequences”, Protein Engineering, Design & Selection. 1-7 (2011).
- M.S. Dubrava, W.M. Ingram, S.A. Roberts, A. Weichsel, W.R. Montfort, M.H.J. Cordes. “N15 Cro and lambda Cro: orthologous DNA-binding domains with completely different but equally effective homodimer interfaces”, Protein Science. 17, 5, 803-812 (2008). [co-first author]
- C.G. Roessler, B.M. Hall, W.J. Anderson, W.M. Ingram, S.A. Roberts, W.R. Montfort, M.H.J. Cordes. “Transitive homology-guided structural studies lead to discovery of Cro proteins with 40% sequence identity but different folds”, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci USA. 105, 7, 2343-2348 (2007).
- L.O. Van Dorn, T. Newlove, S. Chang, W.M. Ingram, and M.H.J. Cordes. “Relationship between sequence determinants of stability for two natural homologous proteins with different folds”, Biochemistry. 45, 10542-10553 (2006).
Year entered: 2017
PhD, Psychology; Temple University; 2017
Advisor: Nicholas Ialongo, PhD
Research interests: I am interested in the interplay between genetic predispositions and contextual factors on the development of substance use problems among adolescents and young adults.
- Rabinowitz, J. A., Musci, R., J., Milam, A. J., Benke, K. S., Sisto, D. Y., Ialongo, S. N., Maher, B. S. (in press). The interplay between conduct disorder polygenic score and context in predicting marijuana use and disorders. Drug and Alcohol Dependence.
- Musci, R. J., Bettencourt, A., Rabinowitz, J. A., Ialongo, N. S., & Lambert, S. F. (in press). Antecedents and consequences of control-related belief trajectories. Journal of Adolescent Health.
- Drabick, D. A. G., & Rabinowitz, J. A. (in press). Temperament. Sage Encyclopedia of Abnormal and Clinical Psychology.
- Rabinowitz, J. A., & Drabick, D. A. G. (2017). Do children fare for better and for worse? Child features and parenting in the prediction of social and emotional competence and internalizing and externalizing symptoms. Developmental Review. doi: 10.1016/j.dr.2017.03.001
- Rabinowitz, J. A., Osigwe, I. J., Byrne, A., Drabick, D. A. G., & Reynolds, M. D. (2017). Father- and youth-reported family affective expression differentially predicts youth internalizing and externalizing symptoms. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology. doi: 10.1080/15374416.2017.1280801.
- Rabinowitz, J. A., Osigwe, I. J., Drabick, D. A. G., & Reynolds, M. D. (2016). Negative emotional reactivity moderates the relation between family cohesion and internalizing and externalizing symptoms. Journal of Adolescence, 53, 116-126.
- Rabinowitz, J. A., Drabick, D. A. G., & Reynolds, M. D. (2016). Family conflict moderates the relations between negative mood and youth internalizing and externalizing symptoms. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 1-10.
- Rabinowitz, J. A., Drabick, D. A. G., & Reynolds, M. D. (2016). Child temperamental flexibility moderates the relation between positive parenting and adolescent adjustment. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 43, 43-53.
- Rabinowitz, J.A., Drabick, D. A. G., & Reynolds, M. D. (2015). Youth withdrawal moderates the relations between neighborhood factors and internalizing symptoms in adolescence. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 45, 1-13.
- De Los Reyes, A., Augenstein, T. M., Wang, M., Thomas, S. A., Drabick, D. A. G., Burgers, D. E., & Rabinowitz, J. A. (2015). The validity of the multi-informant approach to assessing child and adolescent mental health. Psychological Bulletin, 141, 1-32.
- Katz, J., Petracca, M., & Rabinowitz, J. A. (2009). A retrospective study of daughters' emotional role reversal with parents, attachment anxiety, excessive reassurance-seeking and depressive symptoms. The American Journal of Family Therapy, 37, 185-195.