- Intensive coursework, with a focus on biostatistics, epidemiology, and infectious diseases.
- Two-day written comprehensive examination is taken at the end of the year,
- Complete any remaining course requirements (there are distributional requirements in environmental health, social and behavioral sciences, nutrition, randomized trials, vaccines, and demography)
- Draft a research proposal to serve as the basis for the preliminary oral examinations and dissertation work
Years 3 and 4
- Set up and conduct dissertation research, often in conjunction with working on an advisor’s research project
Years 4 and 5
- data analysis
- write dissertation
- defend dissertation.