Program in Applied Vaccine Experiences - PAVE
PAVE supports vaccine-focused internships for Johns Hopkins students at five organizations:
- World Health Organization’s Department of Immunization, Vaccines and Biologicals (IVB) (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Gavi Alliance (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Pan American Health Organization (Washington, DC)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Global Immunization Division (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Unicef (New York City)
Through PAVE, Hopkins students spend 12 to 16 weeks working full time at one of these international organizations. PAVE scholars gain valuable experience in vaccine research, policy and programs of global importance. Successfully completing a 16-week PAVE internship can fulfill the Department of International Health's MSPH practicum requirement.
- Master’s and doctoral degree students in good standing at JHSPH
- Students must have completed their first year when the internship begins in August
Strong preference for these competitive internships will be given to students enrolled in one or more of the vaccine courses offered at JHSPH
The PAVE 2019 – 2020 application cycle is now open. See the announcement document below for full details, as well as the accompanying application and recommendation forms.
Applications are due no later than 5:00 pm on Thursday, February 7, 2019. Please email completed forms to Wendy Twilley (firstname.lastname@example.org). Email questions about the program or eligibility to Jessica Atwell (email@example.com).