How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Department of Health Policy and Management at the Bloomberg School.
Please review the steps below carefully and contact the Department's Office of Academic Affairs if you have any additional questions about the application process.
Step 1 – Do Your Research
Before you apply to the Department of Health Policy and Management, carefully review our degree programs to find the one that’s best for you. We offer master’s programs and doctoral programs. In addition, several non-degree certificate programs offered by the department are available.
All applicants are required to submit applications through the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS).
If you have any additional questions, you can reach out to us through our dedicated admissions-related e-mail.
Step 2 – Know Your Deadline
The Department requires that you submit your online application (through SOPHAS) and all supporting materials by the application deadline. The 2020-2021 application deadlines are:
- PhD Program — December 1
- MHA, MSPH, and MHS-HEOR Programs — January 15
- Certificate programs vary — check application deadline table for further details
Decisions are typically communicated:
- PhD Program — Mid February
- Master's Programs — February - April
- Certificate decisions will be communicated within 8 weeks of receipt of a completed application
Step 3 – Know Your Application Requirements
For the Department of Health Policy and Management, the following are required for your application.
- PhD Program — Statement, resume or c.v., TOEFL** or IELTS scores (if relevant), transcripts from all universities attended and three letters of recommendation.
- Master's Programs — Statement, resume, TOEFL** or IELTS scores (if relevant), transcripts from all universities attended and three letters of recommendation.
- Certificate Programs — Application requirements will vary based on the certificate and applicant status. Please refer to the certificate webpage or Ms. Pamela Davis, HPM Certificate Administrator for specific application requirements.
** View HPM English Language Waiver Policy.
Step 4 – Apply Online
All applications must be submitted through SOPHAS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to general questions about the Department of Health Policy and Management and the program offerings.