The Ideal Applicant
The MHS in Health Economics and Outcomes Research is a fast-paced program. As such, the program seeks applicants who will quickly develop skills in health economics, economic evaluation and outcomes research. Additionally, great candidates will appreciate the multidisciplinary aspect of health economics and outcomes research. All candidates should have a passion for public health.
The MHS attracts applicants from around the globe and from a wide variety of professional and academic backgrounds. While some may enter the program with only a solid undergraduate degree, others will enter the program with a great deal of experience. With this variety in mind, the aim of the MHS in Health Economics & Outcomes Research program is to ensure that all students develop a core skill set that can be applied to their own particular interests or strengths in public health.
Ideally candidates for the MHS in Health Economics & Outcomes Research program will have:
- GRE scores in the upper quartile
- A solid undergraduate or postgraduate academic record
- An aptitude in mathematics and/or statistics
- An awareness of and/or strong interest in economics, health economics or evaluation
- A demonstrated interest or commitment to public health