MHA Application Requirements
Applications to the MHA program are considered by a faculty admissions committee which reviews a range of criteria and considers the overall balance of each applicant's qualifications. In particular, they are looking for the following:
- Successful applications will demonstrate relevant experience in the U.S. health care system (paid or volunteer), strong analytical skills, and/or demonstrate a passion for, and desire to lead, health and health care delivery transformation in the U.S.
- A strong undergraduate record is expected. The applicant must provide evidence of strong quantitative skills as reflected by undergraduate course work in college algebra, calculus, and/or statistics with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- The applicant's Statement of Purpose should provide a compelling rationale for admittance and focus on the applicant's relevant health care experience (volunteer or paid), leadership potential, and early career goals. Include an explanation of how the JHU MHA aligns with your career goals and what you expect to gain from, and continue to, this program.
- Applicants should also include a resume.
A full list of required documents for the MHA and instructions on how to submit them can be found here.
English Language Proficiency Tests
Applicants from countries where English is not the official language must submit scores of an English Language proficiency test.
To fulfill this requirement, the Bloomberg School will accept scores from either
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (ETS institution code for SOPHAS applicants is 5688)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
HPM English Language Waiver Policy
Depending on the test, minimum scores needed for admission are as follows:
- TOEFL paper-based version: 600
- TOEFL iBT version: 100
- IELTS: 7
Please note: if you're required to take an English language proficiency test, make sure you do so well before the January 15 application deadline. These test scores, as with all application requirements are due by the application deadline.
You can learn more about general admissions requirements and the application process at the School's Admissions webpage here.