Doctor of Philosophy and Doctor of Science (PhD and ScD)
The Department provides a broad set of training opportunities in general epidemiology and in focused areas, including the following:
- Cancer Epidemiology
- Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Epidemiology
- Clinical Trials and Evidence Synthesis
- Environmental Epidemiology
- Epidemiology of Aging
- General Epidemiology and Methodology
- Genetic Epidemiology
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology
Training is offered through a core methodologic sequence with the addition of more focused courses in specialized areas. Most training areas of concentration require specific courses. Students are expected to tailor their curricula, working with their advisers to create a comprehensive plan of study and research.
Faculty interests cover many specific and general topics. Incoming students may want to connect with faculty who have shared interests, although this is not required.